Brake Issues

You didn't check the spokes once during the first 500 miles? You better step up your maintenance or take it back to the dealer more often. Only takes a couple of minutes to plink the spokes! Also spend some time checking fasteners, especially in that first 100 miles. These things take a lot of tinkering because of the speed, weight of the bike, and distances we ride.

You didn't check the spokes once during the first 500 miles? You better step up your maintenance or take it back to the dealer more often. Only takes a couple of minutes to plink the spokes! Also spend some time checking fasteners, especially in that first 100 miles. These things take a lot of tinkering because of the speed, weight of the bike, and distances we ride.

No, I didn't check the spokes. But, this strange noise when using only the front brake occured from day 1. It never occured to me that this noise was being generated by loose spokes, but it was obvious when I squeezed 2 of them and the rubbing noise generated was exactly what I was chasing.

Things are far different than the bikes I had as a kid in the '60's, and I'm only just now getting back into it. With respect to your comment about stepping up my maintenance, I'm on it.

Back