Level brake pads - There may be an issue here - *UPDATE*

Hey folks. This is the original poster (OP) of this thread. I noticed that this thread is now nearly one year old, and we are still in this predicament, so I’m beyond holding out hope. I respect those who have posted solutions and modifications of other brands. Way to go! For me, getting ready to boot things up again for another riding season, I think I’m going to change out the brakes to something more common. I need to research options, and see what’s available. I’ll update as I go.

Found the right pads For Aventon Aventure
Bengal ARES 3. #PH02SA03
Avenue Cyclery 415-387-3155
He just got 110 sets in. I bought 8 sets myself. Quick service. Been back ordered 5 months. Get some extra as they are hard to get

Attachments

• BA2901EC-B97F-4286-BEE7-924964E9CA71.jpeg
    BA2901EC-B97F-4286-BEE7-924964E9CA71.jpeg
    809.4 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
I have a recent Level with the magnetic calipers and since new they made a horrendous racket and grinding noise. I bought these Gekors off Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RQXZDPX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details and Zero noise now !! Perhaps a little less aggressive, but the modulation is excellent and stops very well. Worked well for me. I'll buy some backups to carry with.
I bought the same Gekors pads for my '22 Level ST and changed them out yesterday, they work great. The factory front rotor looked a bit glazed so I replaced with a Shimano that I had in my parts bin. The combination seems to work great and no squeal whatsoever.

Hey, I just found this post because I am trying to source some pads for my Aventon Aventure.URL]
The Zoom brakes that came with my Aventure take the same pads as a Shimano Deore.

These were a perfect fit.

Another seller:

That they give you new cotter pins got a big thumbs up from me given how Aventon (or their OEM) chopped the crap out of the legs making it harder to remove them.

@Themac -- great job modding those pads to fit! I hate when companies go all off on their own tangent cause when they invariably go bits-up, or just "change their minds" and stop making parts for older bikes. Maybe you should get into making those in small batches for others if indeed the supply chain has dried up.

But then I bet in the case of companies like Zoom that Shimano hates how everyone just copies what they do. Even if it means they (and SRAM) by default are setting the standards. That I don't have to go to Shimano for replacement parts is a plus, even if they disagree.

Also "loving" how you can't even order the same bike twice in a row and get the same parts. I mean, I know we're in a parts shortage right now, but c'mon!

-- edit -- also if you have the "zoom" brakes Aventon's been putting on the Aventure the past year, and are looking for parts? Zoom calls themselves "Bucklos" on Amazon.

This is pretty much the same kits they use, just without the hall effect sensor in the handles for the motor cutoff.

Wish to hell I could find the e-bike kit equivalent. Just because I like having spares, and could now use a spare hall sensor since apparently e-bike builders don't believe in strain reliefs.

Last edited:
Hello - I have the "Level" and still not getting brake pads, I have been ordering Clarks pads. Ironically, Aventon website lists Clarks as pad replacments.

Question: has anyone changed brake calipers to a more common brand? I would like to believe there exists a better solution to this brake pad issue.

Tom H.

Hello - I have the "Level" and still not getting brake pads, I have been ordering Clarks pads. Ironically, Aventon website lists Clarks as pad replacments.

Question: has anyone changed brake calipers to a more common brand? I would like to believe there exists a better solution to this brake pad issue.

Tom H.
What year is your Level? Mine was just purchased a month ago directly through Aventon. The original front brake pads/rotor started squealing like crazy after about 300 miles. Tried cleaning the rotors and pads with isopropyl alcohol but did not help. My calipers are the magnetic ones and these brake pads fit perfectly (Gekors found on Amazon). I also changed the front rotor to Shimano RT66 and has been a great combination.

What year is your Level? Mine was just purchased a month ago directly through Aventon. The original front brake pads/rotor started squealing like crazy after about 300 miles. Tried cleaning the rotors and pads with isopropyl alcohol but did not help. My calipers are the magnetic ones and these brake pads fit perfectly (Gekors found on Amazon). I also changed the front rotor to Shimano RT66 and has been a great combination.

Hello - I purchased my bike in May of 2021 from Aventon. I too have the magnetic calipers. I will try the pads you suggest. Also, what size rotor did you order? 160/180/203/220 ?

T.

Hello - I purchased my bike in May of 2021 from Aventon. I too have the magnetic calipers. I will try the pads you suggest. Also, what size rotor did you order? 160/180/203/220 ?

T.
Stock rotor size is 180mm, so replaced with the same size.

Back