BPM Imports F-15X vs Rize Bolt

Hello all,

**Posting this here, hoping it gets more visibility**

It's come down to these 2 bikes, and i can't seem to decide.

Both similarly priced and with different feature sets that set one apart from the other.

Standout features:

Rize Bolt:
500 watt motor
Front suspension
Low step thru
20 x 2.5 tyres
12 magnets cadence sensors
Thumb throttle
Included rear rack and mudguards
48V*13AH LG Lithium Ion

BPM F-15X:
750 watt motor
No front suspension
Mid step thru
20 x 4 fat tyres
12 magnets cadence sensors
Twist throttle
Included (welded on) rear rack and fenders
48V*13AH Samsung Lithium Ion

Now these are not the cadillacs of folding ebikes, but decent enough entry level ebikes at the price points.

Main use would be for generally riding around to places like the park, store, get a haircut etc, not necessarily as a primary mode of transport. Since this lockdown situation, i've been exploring the neighbourhood on foot (1.5 - 2 mile walk every morning) and finding out places i never know existed.

Both are priced the same, although the BPM F-15X has a $100 off coupon (*bringing it less than the Rize Bolt but then add on an extra $100 for the 1 yr warranty and it cancels out*).

If it came down to just these two, which would be the one to get?

Thank you all.

No, I could never come to a final decision really. I was leaning towards the Bolt, it looked better, more polished and detailed website and response from the correspondences I had with them, although the BPM folks were very prompt in their response.
It really came down to rider weight limit for me.
The Bolt is speced at max 250lbs and they Rize folks told me not to exceed that as they couldn't guarantee things wouldn't go wrong (re warranty). I'll be over the limit if that's the case.

Seemed odd, as most folders I've come across also add the weight the rear rack can handle. For example, the rear rack can typically handle an extra 50lbs, which would bring the total to 300lbs.

So, I'm still on the hunt, sadly. Of late my attention is on the Qualisports Beluga.

I considered the Lectric, but that's not available till August/September.

I think you'd be far better off and get a superior all round product in a Lectric bike. If you're in the US I think it's a no brainer. You could get far better specs from an import but there's a huge value in dealership support to be had. Not to mention peer support here and on their Facebook page for example.
I'm a specs guy but still I think the Lectric wins.

I think you'd be far better off and get a superior all round product in a Lectric bike. If you're in the US I think it's a no brainer. You could get far better specs from an import but there's a huge value in dealership support to be had. Not to mention peer support here and on their Facebook page for example.
I'm a specs guy but still I think the Lectric wins.

Hello and thanks for chiming in.

I am geared towards getting the Lectric XP, the step thru most likely.

Back