Bose Frames Audio Sunglasses, Walking & Cycling

I have a pair of the AfterShokz headphones. I wear this headset everywhere, from walking the dog to working in the yard and also (why I bought them) for cycling.
They work great until I increase my speed to 18-20+ mph. Then the wind noise easily overpowers the music.
ya I had to give up on them traffic would drown them out too.

I have a pair of the AfterShokz headphones. I wear this headset everywhere, from walking the dog to working in the yard and also (why I bought them) for cycling.
They work great until I increase my speed to 18-20+ mph. Then the wind noise easily overpowers the music.
This is my concern about any earphones while riding a bike. I will report on the AirPod Pros when I get the chance. The noise cancelling was a major reason why I got them so we‘ll see how well that works on the bike.

Well, to each their own. I don't purposely crank up the tunes while on my bike, as I find it equally annoying that I have to have an air horn to alert walkers, joggers, others, on the trails, roads, etc., who wish to plug their ears with distracting noise.
I use them with a soft, light minimal awareness of subdued music, podcast, whatever, and being bone conduction, I'm still aware of my surroundings and cognizant of others.
If I'm going 20-28 MPH the last thing I need to do is tune out the world and be involved in something that was contributed to by my inattention.

Well, to each their own. I don't purposely crank up the tunes while on my bike, as I find it equally annoying that I have to have an air horn to alert walkers, joggers, others, on the trails, roads, etc., who wish to plug their ears with distracting noise.
I use them with a soft, light minimal awareness of subdued music, podcast, whatever, and being bone conduction, I'm still aware of my surroundings and cognizant of others.
If I'm going 20-28 MPH the last thing I need to do is tune out the world and be involved in something that was contributed to by my inattention.
Cat ears are another solution to control road noise... 😉

Attachments

• 3D2C9103-789E-4FDE-B483-87EAA9E58FDA.jpeg
    3D2C9103-789E-4FDE-B483-87EAA9E58FDA.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 171
Hi guys, this isn't a direct cycling accessory... but it is something I've enjoyed while riding my bike. These are Bluetooth wireless sunglasses, with swappable lenses, that leave your ears open to hear surroundings but connect with your smartphone to take calls, listen to music, or listen to podcasts. They fit well, even with my helmet, and are fairly lightweight. The website says they can last up to 5.5 hours per charge, which fits with my own experience (they charge super fast). They come with a hard case, and you can get five different styles... but they only come in black. I prefer light colors, like white, to be more visible when cycling, that's my biggest complaint besides the price tag of ~$250 USD depending on the model you get. Here's my video review:

I'd love to hear if anyone else here has a pair of these or recommends a competing product? I just picked them up at Best Buy here in Vancouver. I'd love to get something similar in white or something that has some clear options by default vs. having to get custom cut lenses (since Bose mostly sells darker lenses as replacements or upgrades).
I have the Bose, but the battery life is a dud. Its a shame, because the sound quality is very good, considering the medium. Controls are non existent. I had Rx lenses made even. Broke one arm and you have to replace the entire frame when that happens as there is a wire that runs through the front of the frame.

I've bought several different models since then from Lucyd, the latest being the Lyte. Some of the early iterations were suboptimal in one way or another, but the Lyte is a good product. They look good, battery life is insane. I bought two pair and swapped the arms to a pair of Rx glasses i have so I didn't need to buy new lenses. I find the sunglasses to be the perfect way to listen to music on a bike, they don't inhibit hearing traffic much. Sound quality is good, mics for the phone work very well too. You never have to worry about circling back for a dropped ear bud!

Back