Bosch SmartphoneHub

• Thread starter Deleted member 18083
  • Start date
Very helpful video. I'm assuming the Gen 3 and 4 motors the upcoming/new motors? I put a deposit on the Trek Allant 9.9 S and I'm excited to try out the Hub so I'll probably watching this video several times.

Did you get an approximate delivery date for the Allant 9/9s?

Did you get an approximate delivery date for the Allant 9/9s?

My dealer estimated November. This article says dealers might see inventory in October:

Do we know when SmartphoneHub might be available to buy separately? And how hard / how much it would it be to swap it out on an existing bike?

The bike I'm buying doesn't have it as an option even as an upgrade. It only comes with the Intuvia.

Do we know when SmartphoneHub might be available to buy separately? And how hard / how much it would it be to swap it out on an existing bike?

The bike I'm buying doesn't have it as an option even as an upgrade. It only comes with the Intuvia.
Recent updates suggest February. This will work with all bikes except E-Shift ones provided you can physically mount it.

That's awesome. I went through a whirlwind as I was so disappointed when I realized I wouldn't be able to automatically sync to Strava and have all that. And then excited again when I discovered SmartphoneHub. And then disappointed again when I was told it wasn't an option on the bike I was getting.

But now I'm back to excited. I can wait a few months. 🤣

I only want this so I can automatically log my rides to keep my activity app satisfied (G). I have a Garmin but the app does not always connect to it and the app does not always transfer the info to the heath app. I forgot to start the exercise app on my watch.

The SmartphoneHub came on the Allant+ 8S that I was lucky enough to find through a local Trek dealer during the Black Friday sale. I like it. It does not support wireless charging. I have an iPhone 8, and if fully charged, the phone has ~60-70 percent remaining after a brisk 1.5 hour ride, so I don't worry about charging the phone during a ride. So far I'm just using it for the basic information, and haven't hooked into any of the other features. The included small display also works fine, and it shows the basic information such as speed, assist level, and remaining % of battery.

The SmartphoneHub came on the Allant+ 8S that I was lucky enough to find through a local Trek dealer during the Black Friday sale. I like it. It does not support wireless charging. I have an iPhone 8, and if fully charged, the phone has ~60-70 percent remaining after a brisk 1.5 hour ride, so I don't worry about charging the phone during a ride. So far I'm just using it for the basic information, and haven't hooked into any of the other features. The included small display also works fine, and it shows the basic information such as speed, assist level, and remaining % of battery.
Have you considered getting the iPhone case to charge your phone on the bike. Alternatively you could also get a micro-USB to lightning cable to charge.

Have you considered getting the iPhone case to charge your phone on the bike. Alternatively you could also get a micro-USB to lightning cable to charge.

Hi Chris. The bike came with a micro-USB to lightning cable, and I plugged it in once. It didn't seem to charge the phone, but it doesn't matter to me. As long as I start with a charged phone, the phone would last longer than me or the Bosch 625Wh battery.

Hi Chris. The bike came with a micro-USB to lightning cable, and I plugged it in once. It didn't seem to charge the phone, but it doesn't matter to me. As long as I start with a charged phone, the phone would last longer than me or the Bosch 625Wh battery.
Hi SeaLevel - have an Allant as well. To get the phone to charge you have to turn on the charging in the COBI app. There is a screen where you can toggle the charging on and off.

Last edited:
Hi SeaLevel - have an Allant as well. To get the phone to charge you have to turn on the charging in the COBI app. There is a screen where you can toggle the charging on and off.

Hi Rob NJ. I don't see that setting anywhere in the app. Perhaps it's available in the diagnostic software that the dealers have?

That's where they were able to turn on the ability to turn on/off the lights by holding down the + button.

Hi Rob NJ. I don't see that setting anywhere in the app. Perhaps it's available in the diagnostic software that the dealers have?

That's where they were able to turn on the ability to turn on/off the lights by holding down the + button.
No, it is in the app. I will make a screen shot for you when I ride the bike in the next day or two. No worries. I think you can only see it when you are running the bike.

Here you go. When you are running the COBI app on the bike, there is a little arrow in the lower left corner

When you press that, you get the next screen that allows you to mute the guidance, and there is a little symbol for a battery. That toggles the charging of the phone on and off.

Here you go. When you are running the COBI app on the bike, there is a little arrow in the lower left corner

When you press that, you get the next screen that allows you to mute the guidance, and there is a little symbol for a battery. That toggles the charging of the phone on and off.

Thanks. I found it. I noticed there is also the ability to turn the lights on/off on that screen.

you can lock the bike
Can anyone confirm whether or not that is still the case with the new Smartphone Hub. I am thinking this function might have been incidental to the Cobi because you couldn't use it without a smartphone, and so you could only control the bike with a paired phone, but with the new Smartphone Hub, you can control it without the phone, so the locking function might be gone?

Can anyone confirm whether or not that is still the case with the new Smartphone Hub. I am thinking this function might have been incidental to the Cobi because you couldn't use it without a smartphone, and so you could only control the bike with a paired phone, but with the new Smartphone Hub, you can control it without the phone, so the locking function might be gone?

I haven't noticed a lock feature anywhere in the Cobi app.

I'm looking at buying a Trek CrossRip+ which is listed as having the Bosch Performance Speed 350watt motor. I can't find any info about what generation or model number it is. I really want to be able to upgrade it to the Smartphonehub. The guy at the Trek store said he didn't think it was possible, which is disappointing. Reading this thread, it seems like it should work. Can anyone shed any light?

Back