Bosch Powerpack availability

DougC

Anyone know what's going on with Bosch Powerpack manufacturing? Don't see any 400 or 500s available. Are they made in China? Or Korea? Shortage is COVID related? Expected availability? (I know trying to get some telescope related stuff made in China right now is impossible.) My 3+ year old 400 is not holding enough charge to go 20 miles. Looks like it's time for a replacement. Want to get another 500 to go with my spare 500. Need both for 50+ mile rides on my Trek XM700. Saw one sold by Erik's in California a month or two ago but didn't purchase it. Had other priorities at the time.

Anyone know what's going on with Bosch Powerpack manufacturing? Don't see any 400 or 500s available. Are they made in China? Or Korea? Shortage is COVID related? Expected availability? (I know trying to get some telescope related stuff made in China right now is impossible.) My 3+ year old 400 is not holding enough charge to go 20 miles. Looks like it's time for a replacement. Want to get another 500 to go with my spare 500. Need both for 50+ mile rides on my Trek XM700. Saw one sold by Erik's in California a month or two ago but didn't purchase it. Had other priorities at the time.

Excess demand in EU is gobbling up all production volume.
The motors are built in Reutlingen, Germany and in Hungary and the batteries are built in Poland. Chargers are assembled in China.

Most of the supply chain is dry right now.
If you can't find one, I have few brand new ones for my prototypes that I can let go.

Hmm. Ok. When I did a google search earlier at work I did get a hit for electriccyclery but the link just showed blurb about the batteries and didn't look like they actually had any for sale. But at home when I searched their site specifically for powerpack 500 they do show the 500 on sale for 832. So maybe I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for the replies.

Crazy Lenny says they have over 100 batteries in stock, including Bosch.
Thanks. Didn't get a google hit for Crazy Lenny's when I tried earlier. Checked them now and their site does say they have 117 batteries available but doesn't specify which ones or how much. I'll try Electric Cyclery first.

Excess demand in EU is gobbling up all production volume.
The motors are built in Reutlingen, Germany and in Hungary and the batteries are built in Poland. Chargers are assembled in China.

Most of the supply chain is dry right now.
If you can't find one, I have few brand new ones for my prototypes that I can let go.
Great inside info. Thanks for the response. And thanks for the offer. I'll try Electric Cyclery first.

Back