Bosch Performance Line Speed vs Performance Line CX - noise?

AvalancheRun

Region
USA
How does the noise between these motors compare?

Asking because I ordered a Gazelle C380+ on the basis of a standard C380 test ride. After hearing the c380+ noise in some YouTube videos I feel that I may have made a huge mistake. 😥

Last edited:
Actually, Stefan -- you are completely right. Class 1 is the answer. This one was my favorite ride, every time. I still have an acoustic bike for bombing around at higher speed.

Thank you so much for your replies throughout. It's been incredibly helpful!

How does the noise between these motors compare?

Asking because I ordered a Gazelle C380+ on the basis of a standard C380 test ride. After hearing the c380+ noise in some YouTube videos I feel that I may have made a huge mistake. 😥
Worth noting the C380 doesn't come with the CX motor but the Bosch Performance motor which is quieter than the Speed and CX motors (they have more robust internals). Granted there's a bit of noise but the Speed motors are much more efficient and so fun! I think you made the right call!

Also there's two C380's the 2022 and 2023 and both are Performance motors, one Active family one Smartsystem.

So, I actually converted the 2022 C380+ to a 2023 C380 with the smart system. This was my favorite ride and noise combination. This is it, all done, and happy with the decision :)

Back