bosch nyon 2021 release date

BoHappy

when will bosch nyon 2021 retrofit kit be available to purchase
on bosch website it states that it was released already but i dont see it an any stores to purchase it
thanks

when will bosch nyon 2021 retrofit kit be available to purchase
on bosch website it states that it was released already but i dont see it an any stores to purchase it
thanks
its out and I got one but it seems hard to get. before you buy it what are you after? it is an expensive upgrade and the ebike connect software does not really connect to anything but the kiox.

I have a smartphone hub right now. Anyone know if I can upgrade to the nyon. I assume you can, just need to change out probably the controller and the mount?

its out and I got one but it seems hard to get. before you buy it what are you after? it is an expensive upgrade and the ebike connect software does not really connect to anything but the kiox.

i thought it was just an easy exchange between kiox and new nyon
i like the fact that the screen is bigger and the maps are on it
where did you buy it from

i thought it was just an easy exchange between kiox and new nyon
i like the fact that the screen is bigger and the maps are on it
where did you buy it from
any upgrade requires a motor drop and new cables run. so besides the cost of the kiox you have to pay for the work too. took two hours on my bike the wire was so hard to get inserted they had to tear the whole front of my bike apart. my shop found it from a supplier but that was over a month ago.

@BoHappy ---the Nyon has been released. It is appearing on some OEM models coming into shops at this time. We are awaiting retrofit kits to be available through our US service partner. That should occur around October.

@fooferdoggie -The Nyon does indeed sync to the eBike Connect app

@misteracng -- you're in luck. The Smartphone Hub shares the same wiring as the Nyon. This should** be able to be upgraded at the handlebar area by removing the wires from the hub and installing them to the Nyon. Always exceptions in terms of frame design. A software update will be needed through your Bosch dealer.

[

@misteracng -- you're in luck. The Smartphone Hub shares the same wiring as the Nyon. This should** be able to be upgraded at the handlebar area by removing the wires from the hub and installing them to the Nyon. Always exceptions in terms of frame design. A software update will be needed through your Bosch dealer.
I meant the ebike connect app does nto connect to anything on your phone like strava or health that's what I meant.

There are new premium features through the eBike Connect App for the Nyon that allows a rider to customize their assistance output, etc. "Custom Riding Modes."

@BoHappy ---the Nyon has been released. It is appearing on some OEM models coming into shops at this time. We are awaiting retrofit kits to be available through our US service partner. That should occur around October.

thank you for your response Stephen
is it also true that the wires don't need to be rewired to change kiox to nyon - and just the holder needs changing?

excellent news, thanks

Correct. This should be the case if the wires are long enough for your cockpit and frame design.
when I replied to this for some reason I thought he was asking about the kiox. but you said the Nyon would let you adjust assist levels? like the percentage they help? m=right now tour is too much be eco is not quite enough for me to keep at about 22mph.

when I replied to this for some reason I thought he was asking about the kiox. but you said the Nyon would let you adjust assist levels? like the percentage they help? m=right now tour is too much be eco is not quite enough for me to keep at about 22mph.
Not a new feature but a Nyon only feature.

Hi Stephen, Is there any possibility there will be an adapter that will fit the Kiox Base and mate with the Nyon retrofit display. Not sure if the number of conductors required for both might be the same so just a thought. I may be that your reference to software upgrade required might mean not just a simple changeover if an adapter was available.

Thanks Stephen from downunder.

Hi Stephen, Is there any possibility there will be an adapter that will fit the Kiox Base and mate with the Nyon retrofit display. Not sure if the number of conductors required for both might be the same so just a thought. I may be that your reference to software upgrade required might mean not just a simple changeover if an adapter was available.

Thanks Stephen from downunder.
The wiring is the same, but you do need to swap the mount. It’s not a big job though.

just to be clear. For those of you in North America the Nyon won’t be available as a retrofit until early next year. I know many have been confused by this thread.

The wiring is the same, but you do need to swap the mount. It’s not a big job though.

just to be clear. For those of you in North America the Nyon won’t be available as a retrofit until early next year. I know many have been confused by this thread.
thanks for the heads up Chris
just a question i have a friend who is coming from Germany - will this kit be available there earlier than here
would it be the same if i have him bring it to me as the one thats for USA market

thanks for the heads up Chris
just a question i have a friend who is coming from Germany - will this kit be available there earlier than here
would it be the same if i have him bring it to me as the one thats for USA market
I’m not sure but it’s likely. The trouble is that Bosch USA might not offer a warranty for a product from Europe as it is slightly different. The US product is UL listed where the EU product isn’t.

I remember hearing last year the smartphone hub would be out by feb. nope I am not sure it is out even yet.
The Smartphone Hub has been available. I know it was slightly delayed, but it is available now. I’m pretty sure we have stock at our stores.

I’m not sure but it’s likely. The trouble is that Bosch USA might not offer a warranty for a product from Europe as it is slightly different. The US product is UL listed where the EU product isn’t.

The Smartphone Hub has been available. I know it was slightly delayed, but it is available now. I’m pretty sure we have stock at our stores.
I was not sure but it was way delayed.

Back