Bosch motor lower guard

TrailSeeker

Region
USA
Hi everyone,

The other day i was cleaning my bike and noticed the bottom plate was missing. I know I can take it into the store to have them fix it, but I first wanted to ask if anyone else ever ran into this before? I'm curious if there is a 3rd party option that might offer more durability? If there was a cover that covered the entire bottom and was an easy DIY I would probably go that route so this doesn't break anymore.

I tried taking a picture of it, it's a little whole within the bottom guard on the motor drive. This for an Allant+ 7S / Performance Speed motor Gen 4 i believe.

I have no idea what caused it but the trail i ride is very relaxed for the most part.

Any suggestions or should I just take it into the shop and have them put the same one on again?

Thanks in advance.

1631679465549.png

Just In case anyone ever sees this in the future... I'm told that is actually a design feature of the performance speed motor. It's there to help dissipate heat! Makes me realize now how much power these bad boys have.

Anyway, besides a good cleaning and that one screw being replaced, that is what the underside of an allant 7s should look like 🙂

PS if it's not dirty like that underneath, your not riding enough! LOL

I have a 2019 Domane+ and the screw came loose & fell out on the similar bottom plate. When I took it in for some other service, I asked them to replace the screw. They couldn't get OEM screw but kludged it together and haven't had a problem since. I check it periodically when cleaning.

Just In case anyone ever sees this in the future... I'm told that is actually a design feature of the performance speed motor. It's there to help dissipate heat! Makes me realize now how much power these bad boys have.

Anyway, besides a good cleaning and that one screw being replaced, that is what the underside of an allant 7s should look like 🙂

PS if it's not dirty like that underneath, your not riding enough! LOL
Perfectly fine. Normal. Same with the CX. I have to take my whole bottom cover off as a big dead grasshopper is in there and I’m cleaning it from the trip out west.😎👍
BTW…What’s with the Allen head screw?
BCF134C3-6049-4E00-BD66-415E8E0270DE.jpeg

Last edited:
Back