Bosch Ebike Connect app needed improvements.

AlanDB

Region
USA
City
Iowa
I love My 2017 Gazelle Arroyo with the Bosch Performance Line motor ... especially since I upgraded from the Intuvia to the Gen 1 Nyon display. That said, there are a couple of improvements I would like to see in the ebike connect smartphone app and browser portal.

First, there should be a way to view the total miles on the motor in the app and portal. This value is available because it can be displayed on the custom ride or custom fitness screens of the Nyon itself, but there is no way to access that value in the app or portal. Instead, the only total mileage value shown in the app and portal is the accumulated miles since the Nyon was installed. I don't really care how many total miles are on the Nyon. I want to know how many miles are on my bike/Bosch motor.

The other annoyance is the way "rides" are split and segmented whenever the Nyon shuts down. If I go on a 30 mile ride and stop for two 10 minute rests along the way, the Nyon will shut down during my rest stops. This will cause the ride to be split and displayed as three separate rides. There should be a way in the app/portal to merge these segments back together into a single ride.

Another odd thing about the way a ride is split into multiple segments, is when I finish for the day, the app/portal will show my last segment as a "ride in progress" even hours later. And often the miles ridden in this last segment will not be included in the totals shown on the app/portal dashboard even though they are correctly displayed on Nyon display itself. Forcing a sync does not seem to correct this. The totals will eventually show up in the app/portal, but I haven't been able to figure out what circumstance causes it to update. There should be a way to tell the app "OK, I am done with this ride ... close it off and add it to the totals.

Last edited:
I bought the Nyon and thumb control pad on eBay. They used to show up there quite frequently, but it must be the supply of the Gen 1 Nyons has run out because they no longer seem to be available on eBay. Fortunately, I bought a spare when they were still available, in case my Nyon fails. I also kept the Intuvia so I can reinstall it when I take my bike into the bike shop for repair/maintenance. So far though, my LBS has not given me any grief about the Nyon.

I love My 2017 Gazelle Arroyo with the Bosch Performance Line motor ... especially since I upgraded from the Intuvia to the Gen 1 Nyon display. That said, there are a couple of improvements I would like to see in the ebike connect smartphone app and browser portal.

First, there should be a way to view the total miles on the motor in the app and portal. This value is available because it can be displayed on the custom ride or custom fitness screens of the Nyon itself, but there is no way to access that value in the app or portal. Instead, the only total mileage value shown in the app and portal is the accumulated miles since the Nyon was installed. I don't really care how many total miles are on the Nyon. I want to know how many miles are on my bike/Bosch motor.

The other annoyance is the way "rides" are split and segmented whenever the Nyon shuts down. If I go on a 30 mile ride and stop for two 10 minute rests along the way, the Nyon will shut down during my rest stops. This will cause the ride to be split and displayed as three separate rides. There should be a way in the app/portal to merge these segments back together into a single ride.

Another odd thing about the way a ride is split into multiple segments, is when I finish for the day, the app/portal will show my last segment as a "ride in progress" even hours later. And often the miles ridden in this last segment will not be included in the totals shown on the app/portal dashboard even though they are correctly displayed on Nyon display itself. Forcing a sync does not seem to correct this. The totals will eventually show up in the app/portal, but I haven't been able to figure out what circumstance causes it to update. There should be a way to tell the app "OK, I am done with this ride ... close it off and add it to the totals.

Hi Alan,

I have started a thread in the Bosch forum specifically to suggest improvements to Bosch.

You may wish to post there.

Regards Stephen

Back