Bosch Customer Service Help Line - Absolutely First Rate

Alaskan

I recently installed the Bosch Nyon on my new Cannonadale Topstone Neo Carbon 3 which came with a Purion controller/display. I purchased and activated the lock function which disables the motor until my specific Nyon is mounted back on the bike. Now the power button does not work to turn off the bike. Nothing happens when it is pushed. I have to remove the Nyon to turn the bike off. I suspected this is not normal which I just confirmed by calling Bosch. I have to bring the bike in to any Bosch certified shop so it can be hooked up to their diagnostic system and the local tech can call Bosch so they can diagnose and solve the issue.

I called the North American Bosch toll free customer help line to resolve this. WOW! I first had to choose English or French (Oh Canada). After two rings a very knowledgeable guy answered the phone and explained what I needed to do...no hold time...no amateur. He was confident it would take no more than 15 minutes at the shop to diagnose and assured me all would be good, one way or the other. This was no common help line with a person who needed to hear what was wrong but had no expertise to solve the issue. He was clearly well versed in the Bosch ebike systems.

To me this illustrates, on top of the rock solid reliability of the seven Bosch motors and 10 Bosch batteries I have owned, the real value of buying a premium product versus low priced, poorly supported bargains that lack quality support.

Next step: take it in, hook it up and let Bosch figure out how to make it right, which I have total confidence they will do.

since your here. can you tell me what crank arms I need as a replacement? this is a performance line motor.
IMG_2373.jpeg

I recently installed the Bosch Nyon on my new Cannonadale Topstone Neo Carbon 3 which came with a Purion controller/display. I purchased and activated the lock function which disables the motor until my specific Nyon is mounted back on the bike. Now the power button does not work to turn off the bike. Nothing happens when it is pushed. I have to remove the Nyon to turn the bike off. I suspected this is not normal which I just confirmed by calling Bosch. I have to bring the bike in to any Bosch certified shop so it can be hooked up to their diagnostic system and the local tech can call Bosch so they can diagnose and solve the issue.

I called the North American Bosch toll free customer help line to resolve this. WOW! I first had to choose English or French (Oh Canada). After two rings a very knowledgeable guy answered the phone and explained what I needed to do...no hold time...no amateur. He was confident it would take no more than 15 minutes at the shop to diagnose and assured me all would be good, one way or the other. This was no common help line with a person who needed to hear what was wrong but had no expertise to solve the issue. He was clearly well versed in the Bosch ebike systems.

To me this illustrates, on top of the rock solid reliability of the seven Bosch motors and 10 Bosch batteries I have owned, the real value of buying a premium product versus low priced, poorly supported bargains that lack quality support.

Next step: take it in, hook it up and let Bosch figure out how to make it right, which I have total confidence they will do.
Great to hear!
I’m getting a bit tired of all the negativity related to proprietary systems some folks on this forum are spreading, especially to newbies. Yes, there is more upfront expense involved but support is worth it in my experience. This is one of the reasons we rarely see Trek problem threads on this forum.

What?! How did that happen? What bike is that? Are you OK?
clipped a pole on our tandem. it is a gepdea tandem. ya I landed on the end of the handlebar right on my pubic bone. massive swelling and bruising and pain and some shoulder pain. my wifes leg is really bunged up and she has trouble walking. trying to get it into a shop. we have a local bike chain that's only 1/2 mile from our house that has worked on it but they are closed till the 13th as trek bought them out. the e bike sore I bought a couple bikes at cant work on any bike they have not sold because they are so backed up. I was going to take it to a high end bike store but they cant really do any motor work. I think some of the motor housing needs replaced its cracked. so I am going to wait till the trek store opens since they do a lot of work on bosch.

clipped a pole on our tandem. it is a gepdea tandem. ya I landed on the end of the handlebar right on my pubic bone. massive swelling and bruising and pain and some shoulder pain. my wifes leg is really bunged up and she has trouble walking. trying to get it into a shop. we have a local bike chain that's only 1/2 mile from our house that has worked on it but they are closed till the 13th as trek bought them out. the e bike sore I bought a couple bikes at cant work on any bike they have not sold because they are so backed up. I was going to take it to a high end bike store but they cant really do any motor work. I think some of the motor housing needs replaced its cracked. so I am going to wait till the trek store opens since they do a lot of work on bosch.
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your accident, that sounds rough.

You've probably already thought of this, but I'd recommend a comprehensive inspection/safety check be performed by the shop. I've never before seen a crank arm bent like that, and I have to think that some other components were also subjected to similar forces.

thanks the shop should be able to do it but I want a backup souce
Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about your accident, that sounds rough.

You've probably already thought of this, but I'd recommend a comprehensive inspection/safety check be performed by the shop. I've never before seen a crank arm bent like that, and I have to think that some other components were also subjected to similar forces.
yep but it has been hard. a local chain I use that's 1/2 mile from our house is closed as they are changing over to a trek store so they are closed till the 13th a high end shop can do it but they don't really work on the motor but on the brands they sell. and my local e bike store is so behind they are only working on bikes they sold. They actually were selling my tandem but stopped a few months before we bought it because no one bought them (till the pandemic hit) so I think the best thing is to wait till the trek store opens Saturday. we just had a full tuneup too.

So sorry to hear and best of luck in your recovery!

Great to hear!
I’m getting a bit tired of all the negativity related to proprietary systems some folks on this forum are spreading, especially to newbies. Yes, there is more upfront expense involved but support is worth it in my experience. This is one of the reasons we rarely see Trek problem threads on this forum.
I haven't had my <1yr old $12k bike for over a month as Bosch/R&M/Gates and my LBS take a stab at resolving its issues, you're "mileage" may vary of course but recognize everyone isn't you!

I haven't had my <1yr old $12k bike for over a month as Bosch/R&M/Gates and my LBS take a stab at resolving its issues, you're "mileage" may vary of course but recognize everyone isn't you!
Hi Steve,
If you'd like, please PM me details, and I can look into this case for you. Not sure where the hold-up is (Bosch or otherwise), but this is a long time to wait (assuming it's not just a parts delay.) I'll do what I can to get this moving.

Thanks immensely! What included an entire motor swap is now just waiting on additional parts from R&M; I blame a clunky troubleshooting ethos at my LBS which didn't allow for concurrent troubleshooting of all issues but I think they found the main culprit, misshapen/bent chainring. I was sold the bike this way and it took a village to discover what has caused me a lot of pain (mentally and physically); hopefully what I get back is better than what I bought. I will keep everyone posted.

Back