Boomerang Platinum Issue

Jeepster17

Region
USA
I just purchased the boomerang a few days ago. I have the new F52/17.5 battery. When riding I notice that the battery meter on the LCD screen does not match the battery meter on the battery. Sometimes their is one block difference, sometimes it will be two, or three blocks different. This happens when their is a fully charged battery. I am taking it back to my dealer this week for my 100 mile inspection. I will have him check it out. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks

Mike

I have three Platinum Interceptors with a total of 5 batteries. They are the same as those used on the Boomerang. None of the battery meters match that of the handlebar display. I was told by Pedego that this does happen but the meter on the display is more accurate. The only time I use the meter on the battery is to check for a full charge when installing it before a ride. I don't know if this is considered "normal" or not but I've been using my bikes for 3 seasons now with no battery related issues.

By all means, ask the dealer. I'm curious as to what he tells you.

I have three Platinum Interceptors with a total of 5 batteries. They are the same as those used on the Boomerang. None of the battery meters match that of the handlebar display. I was told by Pedego that this does happen but the meter on the display is more accurate. The only time I use the meter on the battery is to check for a full charge when installing it before a ride. I don't know if this is considered "normal" or not but I've been using my bikes for 3 seasons now with no battery related issues.

Displays often have a 'predictive' feature. It helps in planning your trip real-time. To determine if this is the case with your Pedigo, ride hard in the highest power level until it drops a bar on the display. Then go to the lowest power level and proceed gently. If the display pops up a bar then it is predictive based on how you are riding to help you estimate your range.

Thanks, I will let you know.

Displays often have a 'predictive' feature. It helps in planning your trip real-time. To determine if this is the case with your Pedigo, ride hard in the highest power level until it drops a bar on the display. Then go to the lowest power level and proceed gently. If the display pops up a bar then it is predictive based on how you are riding to help you estimate your range.
Thanks

I just purchased the boomerang a few days ago. I have the new F52/17.5 battery. When riding I notice that the battery meter on the LCD screen does not match the battery meter on the battery. Sometimes their is one block difference, sometimes it will be two, or three blocks different. This happens when their is a fully charged battery. I am taking it back to my dealer this week for my 100 mile inspection. I will have him check it out. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks

Mike
I have the same issue with my city commuter black version. Mine stayed at five bars on display even though I used half of battery capacity. Today made a 25 mi ride and the display finally went down one bar and battery displayed 3 bars (used 2 bars of charge).

Unfortunately, most of these bar gauges are voltage based and are not linear. I have the same issue with my 3 Platinum Interceptors. By the time my gauge drops from 5 to 4 bars, almost half the battery capacity has been used.

Some, but not all, Pedego batteries are compatible with the ESB smartphone app. It works well with all 5 of my Platinum Interceptor rear rack batteries. The app provides a host of battery and bike related statistics including an accurate % charge indicator.

Unfortunately, the only way to tell if it will work with a particular battery is to install the app and try it.

What 6zfshdb says is correct, the readout is based on the voltage of the battery, it initially decreases, stays quite level and then drops off sharply. Probably your best bet is the LCD and observe what 20% or 50% means in terms of actual miles :)

My systems typically have two readouts for battery level. The one on the battery is quite accurate. The one on the display is a predictive forecast. The forecast is based on voltage and recent usage. So, when doing a big climb it will drop, 'if you keep this up, this is how much you will have.' But then when you level off on a flat or do a downhill it will jump back up.

Back