Bintelli Trio (Electric Trike)

holivera1

Region
USA
Good Morning;
I just purchased a Bintelli Trio electric Trike.
I was disappointed that it does not have an outlet (5 volts) to keep the charge on my iPhone.
I did install a small 12 Vdc rechargeable battery (12 V 10Ah) to provide power for a small horn, turn signals and rear brake lights.
My question is the following: In the front the Trio has a headlight lamp with two bright LEDs and I was wondering if this Lamp operates on 5 volts...?
Does anybody knows the voltage going to this headlamp? or... Does anybody knows if there is an output for 5 volts coming out of the 'Controller' ?
I would appreciate any guide to my querstion.
Thank you all !
Hector

Attachments

• IMG_9030.jpg
    IMG_9030.jpg
    966.1 KB · Views: 571
I am in the same boat, but thankfully my partner is an electrical engineer, so I should have answers for you soon! If you don't hear from me by the end of the month, please ping me.
Can I ask - what specifically did you choose for turn signals and brake lights and how do those fit for you? I will need to be adding that obviously.

Thank You JDuck.
Thank you for responding to my question. I am very good with Electronics; I just didn't want to disassemble the headlamp to measure the voltage.
I also thought of disassembling the "controller" (located behind the Bike Battery) and finding the different voltages available.
I was hoping that somebody would tell all of these voltages. Bintelli is NOT cooperative and the dealer who sold me the Trike is also not cooperative !!!
The turn Signals and stop lights were from Amazon:
I endup buying a 12 Volt small Battery (Like Motorcycle size) and powered turn signals, brakes, horn etc from this separate battery which is also rechargeable.
I also purchased a 5 volt converter:
I will be hooking this to power my Garmin GPS and possibly recharging my phone inb case of emergency.
I wish I could have done all this from the Bintelli Battery.
Another thing that you would (maybe) consider is changing the right hand brake lever for one that has a "Parking Brake."
Almost all Trikes have this feature except for Bintelli. It will allow you to park temporarily your trike on a not leveled floor...
I still will hope to hear from you in the future.

I already had ordered the parking brake before I even got the bike in hand, LOL! You are so right - totally necessary. I can't imagine why anyone would design a trike without a parking brake or integrated brake lights. What are they thinking?
There are definitely a few major flaws with the Bintelli. But it tilts and no other non-tadpole trike tilts so.....
Someday if Evelo ever makes a tilting Compass, I'm in, but until then, I am pretty much married to the Bintelli Trio. So I I have to upgrade all the annoying bits.
Well, except the lack of a 3rd brake on the other back wheel. I don't see any good way of making that happen. :-( Not the way the chain is attached.
Thanks for the links!

I already had ordered the parking brake before I even got the bike in hand, LOL! You are so right - totally necessary. I can't imagine why anyone would design a trike without a parking brake or integrated brake lights. What are they thinking?
There are definitely a few major flaws with the Bintelli. But it tilts and no other non-tadpole trike tilts so.....
Someday if Evelo ever makes a tilting Compass, I'm in, but until then, I am pretty much married to the Bintelli Trio. So I I have to upgrade all the annoying bits.
Well, except the lack of a 3rd brake on the other back wheel. I don't see any good way of making that happen. :-( Not the way the chain is attached.
Thanks for the links!
I am a new Bintelli Trio owner and would like to add parking brake levers. What brand/model levers did you get?

Good Morning;
I just purchased a Bintelli Trio electric Trike.
I was disappointed that it does not have an outlet (5 volts) to keep the charge on my iPhone.
I did install a small 12 Vdc rechargeable battery (12 V 10Ah) to provide power for a small horn, turn signals and rear brake lights.
My question is the following: In the front the Trio has a headlight lamp with two bright LEDs and I was wondering if this Lamp operates on 5 volts...?
Does anybody knows the voltage going to this headlamp? or... Does anybody knows if there is an output for 5 volts coming out of the 'Controller' ?
I would appreciate any guide to my querstion.
Thank you all !
Hector
For what it is worth, there are connections available for brake lights and rear lights. When you open up the controller, those connections are just sitting there unused. While you seem to have already sorted it out another way, I am putting this here for anyone else who might encounter the same question.

Since there is already a switch in the brake levers which cuts motor power, it seems pretty negligent that they didn't also use that to incorporate a brake light - That couldn't have cost more than 5 or 10 bucks to add. My wife's Eunorau eTrike has parking brakes on the front and rear brakes, brake lights and disc brakes on all 3 wheels . . . . but it doesn't tilt. It does fold up though, so it's easy to transport in the back of our mini-van. Priorities, priorities! :) You buy something that has the features that mean the most to you personally and then you 'deal' with the rest

Don

I agree. The tilting feature was important to me - I'm 71 yo and my balance is poor.

I agree. The tilting feature was important to me - I'm 71 yo and my balance is poor.
I have actually asked Bintelli to look at offering a "pro" model which has upgraded features. They aren't interested. I asked several regular trike companies if they would consider a tilting trike. They are not interested. It is sad that all these companies are being short-sighted.

Back