Bimotal drive

PDXzap

It's certainly an interesting way to add electric propulsion but........🤔

what do you mean by not acting through the drive train?
I might have misunderstood the video but I saw the guy was attaching the motor to the rear wheel (right?) The mid-motor acts through the drive train. Meaning, downshift to the granny gear 36-51 on an e-MTB and your Yamaha 80 Nm motor will produce 120 Nm at the rear wheel.

I thought it was attached to the rear disc.

Elevate mounted as used in SOP.PNG
That picture explains it fairly well, as I didn't see a clear description on their site.

Adding a gear and motor to the disc brake is certainly different, basically it's an "external" rear hub drive.

If it's easy enough to disengage without removing (with zero drag when off) , it could be an interesting "I REALLY hate this one climb" solution for those who don't necessarily want a full eMTB. Also, with the "disc gear" being the only integrated piece, it becomes a "one motor for multiple bikes" solution (if they sell the cog separately).

I could see the appeal, but I see they mention "programmable throttle" but how? I don't see any cockpit controls.

Their promotional video is the lamest thing I have ever seen....

Reminds me of the old Currie Drive I had 20yrs ago. Granted it wasn't easily removable....but it actually worked pretty well but the 24v SLA battery wasn't good for long rides....

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 7.58.14 PM.png

Back