Biktrix Juggernaut Ultra 1000 Review

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable review, as I am considering buying this bike.
I do have 2 questions thought :

1. I live in the St Thomas US VI and its really hilly . Ian wondering if the bike could go up the hill in Class 4 mode ? Also, have you used that mode ? how does it perform ?

2. is the from brake in the right side ? If not, can it be switch to the right side ( I have a motorcycle and wishes not to get confused on the brake side)

3.Tires : what are pro and cons of 3" vs 4" ( I am 5.11" / 1.80 m )

Thanks !
David

Yes I think it will go up any hill with throttle.

Brake is on left side.

I'd shoot for 3", less rolling resistance and more nimble than fat tire but depends what kind of riding you do (snow/sand/mud or streets)

Last edited:
I believe my front brake came set up on the left, but that's how I like it.

The bike will handle hills better than anything, really. Loads of power and gear range, incredibly smooth shifting.

4" tire perks: makes the ride smoother, increased traction available at correct tire PSI, increased float on soft terrain.

3" tire perks: faster rolling in stock configuration, still a very smooth ride.

That being said, if you want the most out of plus/fat tires, you need to run em tubeless. I would never go back to running tubes in my fat tires after having made the switch.

I use 3.5 inch and they work great. Wanted to go tubeless, but my LBS said it won't work with these wheels.

Attachments

• _DSC1774.jpeg
    _DSC1774.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 1,016
  • _DSC1779.jpeg
    _DSC1779.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 1,042
Hello TForan, would you please share what brand of Fat street tires you have, and where you got them / price? I street commute on my Juggernaut Ultra and the knobby tires are so loud. I'd really love to switch to street tires but I can't seem to find them anywhere!

I use 3.5 inch and they work great. Wanted to go tubeless, but my LBS said it won't work with these wheels.
Yes, that's what Biktrix folks say too. The rim geometry is wrong for holding tubeless tires. I've been thinking of getting a set of 29" wheels for 2" tubeless tires suited for pavement. For rough roads and trails I'll stick with the 27.5"x3.0" which came with the Jugger.

What difference did you see by switching the forks? I am a big guy 6 ft 1in and 330lbs. What impact will that make with the stock suspension forks?

I had the stock cheapo fork on mine and with hard braking, going downhill, I got a sort of pogo effect that I didn't like. Plus, it looks better. : )

Back