Bikes that are good on high arching bridges.

Buster1

Region
USA
I live in Florida on the west side of the intercoastal waterway. The best rides are on the east side along the beaches. There are high arching bridges to get from one side to another. I am 68 and 240 pounds. I need a bike that can do the bridges in pedal mode. I would prefer a Bafang mid drive so I have full use of the gearing. And live on a apartment upper floor with a small elevator and am limited to 72" inches total length. I had to return a Eunorau G20 due to bad information on total length. I have been riding e bikes for over ten years all with bafang kits the current one a 1000w HD. But it is getting tired with about 10,000 miles. And would like to try a shop built bike. Any suggestions people?

Buster
What is the measured inside dimensions of your elevator, ie = xyz " by wyx".

I can get my Warthog MD750 inside 72" and it has an overall length of 78.5".

Tia,
Don

I live in Florida on the west side of the intercoastal waterway. The best rides are on the east side along the beaches. There are high arching bridges to get from one side to another. I am 68 and 240 pounds. I need a bike that can do the bridges in pedal mode. I would prefer a Bafang mid drive so I have full use of the gearing. And live on a apartment upper floor with a small elevator and am limited to 72" inches total length. I had to return a Eunorau G20 due to bad information on total length. I have been riding e bikes for over ten years all with bafang kits the current one a 1000w HD. But it is getting tired with about 10,000 miles. And would like to try a shop built bike. Any suggestions people?
10,000 miles on a Bafang BBSHD with a 240lb rider who likes to ride inclines! This is why i say the BBSHD is underrated, absolute beast of a motor!

I went with a KBO Ranger. It is a step through and rated to carry 400lbs. The only drawback is a 750 continuous watt hub motor. I am waiting for delivery and will test it as soon as I get it on the steepest of the two bridges. If not satisfied I will install my BBSHD and and go from there.

In what way is it getting tired?
It may need a new or better battery as those bridges are nothing to the a BBSHD

I made a splitter for my battery and have a jumper where I can mount a battery on my rear rack so to run two battery's in tandem. I can run my current thousand watt with the 750w. I just have to wait to see what connector is on the 750 and change accordingly.

One of these should do the job with ease, small and powerful enough for climbing.
Dual battery 5000watt Middrive folder!

In what way is it getting tired?
It may need a new or better battery as those bridges are nothing to the a BBSHD
10k miles? do you not believe that is a pretty good life span for an e-bike drive system? I have a hub drive 500-watt thingy that pulls like H( if you help it) at first I was skeptical about the torque rating till I tried it now I am a believer At 205#, not the lightest thing that has ever graced an Ebike saddle. I would concede you could probably melt it down if the battery would do it 15 AH, am beginning to understand why the battery seems to have a bit less endurance.

The Ride1Up Prodigy claims to be 71" total length and is mid drive (Brose).

Back