Bike stands for eBike maintenance

the clamps on these can let the post slide after awhile so make sure the clamp is really tight.what I did was drill a hole right above it and insert a tool to lock it in place.

Can you rotisserie ebike on the stand?
Do you mean rotate? Yes you can:
Can you rotisserie ebike on the stand?
73401C9E-78A7-4039-A4F4-9704812517F6.jpeg

I have the Park 10.2 stand. I also added a fastener right above the main slider clamp so it will not slide on its own due to the weight of my Ultra duo. I find it hard to lock the rotation feature tight enough to really lock the bike in any position. If the CG is way forward or aft, locking the bike in any position so it actually won’t slowly rotate back to its own neutral position is not easy. I’m afraid I may break something tightening the crap out of the rotator. I remove all batteries before I attach to the stand and usually clamp at the seat post. The main crossover tube is odd shaped so not easy to grab the crossover tube very tight so I just stick with the seat post which has the CG forward and front wheel down usually.

Anyone close to me SE MN can have mine for half retail with accessory tray.
I wish I'd never sold my hydraulic MC lift. OR when still actively building had purchased a proper powered lift.
Thousands in eBikes and I got dumb buying a lift

To clumsy for a heavy eBike, for me at least!
Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 6.25.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-19 at 6.25.22 PM.png

I have the Park 10.2 stand. I also added a fastener right above the main slider clamp so it will not slide on its own due to the weight of my Ultra duo. I find it hard to lock the rotation feature tight enough to really lock the bike in any position. If the CG is way forward or aft, locking the bike in any position so it actually won’t slowly rotate back to its own neutral position is not easy. I’m afraid I may break something tightening the crap out of the rotator. I remove all batteries before I attach to the stand and usually clamp at the seat post. The main crossover tube is odd shaped so not easy to grab the crossover tube very tight so I just stick with the seat post which has the CG forward and front wheel down usually.
yep me too. Iahve the two stands and they both have collapsed.

I just finished installing my homemade bike stand that attaches to my automotive hoist.
I used a Park Tool bench stand I recently purchased.

Here's the work stand attached to the hoist arms. Under each end of the plank is 3 inches of metal tubing that fits in the holes at the end of the hoist arms.
IMG_2689.jpeg

I can attach my ebike to the work stand clamp without having to lift it up into place

IMG_2691.jpeg

Then, using the hoist I can lift the bike up to any height I want.

IMG_2692.jpeg

I just finished installing my homemade bike stand that attaches to my automotive hoist.

Here's the work stand attached to the hoist arms. Under each end of the plank is 3 inches of metal tubing that fits in the holes at the end of the hoist arms.
View attachment 122523

I can attach my ebike to the work stand clamp without having to lift it up into place

View attachment 122525

View attachment 122526
OK, this is the most disgusting 'flex' I have ever seen on this site! lol :-D

Is my jealousy showing?! :p

Sam,
Once I bought Park Tool PRS-25, I never felt I needed anything else.
PCS-10.3 holds up to 36 kg. PRS-25 is more lightweight and it holds up to 45 kg. I never looked at the price.
I just recently found the PRS-25 on sale from a Canadian shop, so I ordered one. Looks promising, so I guess we'll see when it arrive.

Seems to be one of the few that are truly rated for the weight of the larger e-bikes.

View attachment 122523

View attachment 122525

View attachment 122526
Interesting setup!

Why not attach the Park bench stand to the bucket of your Kioti Tractor? Then the stand will be portable. :)

Interesting setup!

Why not attach the Park bench stand to the bucket of your Kioti Tractor? Then the stand will be portable. :)
Better yet, mount it on the backhoe bucket, and you'll have 360 degree power tilt too! Work on it in any conceivable position. lol

So my Park Tool PRS-25 arrived and I have had time to use it a little bit. Definitely big ebike rated!

I am impressed how light it is, while still easily accommodating the weight of my fat-tired monster. Only a mild wiggle when working even with the vertical post extended to a comfortable drivetrain working height, and no worries about stability or strength. Pics without battery, but I'm confident it would be fine with the battery for simple jobs, just maybe trickier to get a nice balance point for rotating. Only point of consideration is that the minimum height does require a lift of about 18" to the clamp for my frame style, so that might be a consideration for some.

IMG_6514.JPG

IMG_6516.JPG
IMG_6518.JPG

So my Park Tool PRS-25 arrived and I have had time to use it a little bit. Definitely big ebike rated!

I am impressed how light it is, while still easily accommodating the weight of my fat-tired monster. Only a mild wiggle when working even with the vertical post extended to a comfortable drivetrain working height, and no worries about stability or strength. Pics without battery, but I'm confident it would be fine with the battery for simple jobs, just maybe trickier to get a nice balance point for rotating. Only point of consideration is that the minimum height does require a lift of about 18" to the clamp for my frame style, so that might be a consideration for some.

View attachment 123516
View attachment 123517View attachment 123518
I couldn't resist doing an upside down pic on mine as well. :D

I'm reading through the threads to see if I can find the right bike stand for my Specialized Valdo 4.0 SL. Just got this bike over the weekend and I'm already in love with how it rides. And how light it is!

This is my second ebike. I made a lot of mistakes with my first one because I bought it at the beginning of the pandemic when the subway and buses stopped running reliably. So I didn't get to ask a lot of questions regarding maintenance in the name of Covid safety and all that. Long story short, the motor on my Specialized Como 4.0 died after only 3,100 miles. After a long chat with one of the ebike mechanics at my local bike shop who took pity on me, I now know better! He suggested getting a bike stand from Park Tools and learning to clean the chain, especially since I ride in all weather commuting to work and back.

After reading this thread and researching the Park Tools website, I'm interested in the PCS-10.3. I like the fact it has a quick-release clamp. I'm looking for a stand where I won't have to hold the bike for more than a few seconds with one hand to get it clamped on.

Would this be a good stand to get for a Valdo SL? Also, any advice on how to start learning the art of ebike maintenance will be appreciated!

Thanks for this forum. Tons of helpful information.

I find the clamp a complete PIA. It’s anything but friendly. If I were continuing to build out and repair I’d invest in the deluxe bench clamp or another rack with that style clamp. Far better and easier. Perhaps being yo7 have one bike and it’s light you won’t suffer the same frustrations. Thousands in ebike and a ten cent stand.

There are so many Park tools out of stock!

6D9B85A4-3A30-41BD-9A9C-5542B8737426.jpeg
D1375163-1D2D-46E0-B0AD-D9FEADE283CC.jpeg

Back