Bike repair stand

Being that some days I can't lift 10lbs because of my back I need a stand that I attach the bike to and it can pick it up. What choices are there? Money no object and also money is a concern but worth spending.

I cleaned my bike for the 1st time and ket needing help to pick up the heavy rear end...

Mark

Being that some days I can't lift 10lbs because of my back I need a stand that I attach the bike to and it can pick it up. What choices are there? Money no object and also money is a concern but worth spending.

I cleaned my bike for the 1st time and ket needing help to pick up the heavy rear end...

Mark
Hi Mark! I saw this cool easy lift bike stand that you sort of roll your bike onto then attach to the chain stays. I'm not sure how useful it would be for changing wheel stuff because it adds structure around the exact part of the bike you need to work on.

If money is no object you could consider the electric version of the Park Tool stand, it lifts the bike with the flick of a button but may have to mount to the floor and ceiling (added a video below).

There are also some jacks and things meant for motorcycles but they might not work for a bicycle considering the chain rings... would be tricky to balance.

I realized I never did post a pic of my stand. It's a Parktool Pcs-10 and is one of the few stands that can handle the whole weight of the bike!!

image.jpg

After much searching and talking to a bunch of mechanics I decided on the Feedback Sports Pro Elite. Wide base for stability plus quick attach/release latches.

I use the Park PCS-9 and it has worked out very well. It is very sturdy, doesn't tip over and does not damage the bike in any way. The only downside is height adjustment is via an allen wrench vs a speed clamp.

Same here, got one in Toronto for $110 on sale. It holds my 60lb ST1 no problem.

When I recover financially from ordering my new Pioneer Allroad from Optibike, I'm definitely going to order the Park PCS-10. Be advised that modern bike.com has it for twenty bucks less than Amazon (with the same free shipping). They have 10% off pricing on the Park Tool Tray, the Handlebar Holder, etc. for that stand as well. Check 'em out.

I must admit that I have thought about buying a stand on a few occasions, but I seem to manage quite nicely by having the bike suspended from the workshop roof, via two straps. One at the seatpost end, and one at the handlebar end.

It works for me, and was free. :)

Agreed, it works and costs very little!

Court J.

I would be interested hearing recommendations and advice about purchasing/utilizing a bike repair stand. They seem to go about $150 and up. A purchase of this magnitude deserves a talkabout. :)
I made a stand about 4 years ago out of wood and screws and it cost less than $30 in materials. I moved since then otherwise would post a picture of it. You can really just mimic the design of the one you want and just use wood, its not too hard...

Back