Bike Racks for Turbo Vado

Zynon

Region
USA
I tried searching for anyone else who's using a bike rack for their Vado/Tero/etc and didn't find much information online. I recently went through all of the options at my LBS, literally trying the bike on each one before settling on the Thule Easy Fold XT 2. It's worked really well for me the few times I've used it so far, and it fits the Vado SL 5.0 really well. What other options do you have?

Oneup USa is what I have / Works great. Although with an Ebike I'm finding I don't use it much. I just ride there

OneUp Super Duty single - vado 5 igh.
1Up system sets lower to the ground . Which does make loading a heavier bike easier . You can always take the battery off for transport . Something that for whatever reason many seem to forget .

I never owned a bike rack before so I wasn't sure how much I would use one, but I wanted to take our e-bikes over to the coast and ride around the Monterey, Pacific Grove and Pebble Beach area, which is about 3 hours away. I looked at several of the less expensive bike racks and eventually decided on the Hyperax Volt 2. It cost me just under $400 on Amazon when I bought it in January of this year and it has worked out very well. It is designed to handle the weight of two e-bikes and it hauls our high bar Vado and step through Como very securely and with no problems. Plus, it includes locking frame bar clamps for that little extra security when stopping along the way to use the bathroom or grab a quick bite. It is not fancy, but it was very economical and it works very well, and I am very happy with my purchase.

1Up system sets lower to the ground . Which does make loading a heavier bike easier . You can always take the battery off for transport . Something that for whatever reason many seem to forget .
If to low can scrap when entering and exiting driveways. Longer(2-3 bike) rack higher it needs to be. I have 2bike Thule on small SUV and only scrap on steep driveways if not paying attention.

I have Swagman XTC2 and a Swagman XTC4 rear hitch racks that I bought years ago before I ever thought about e-bikes. I use the 2-bike model to carry my Vado on rare occasions that I need to carry it on the car and it works fine That is how I got it home from the shop. I don't think I would carry two heavy e-bikes on that rack as that would probably be over capacity. But for one bike it is fine. This is the current model of the rack I'm talking about. It is about 2-times cheaper than the Thule and Yakima equivalents and works fine.

If to low can scrap when entering and exiting driveways. Longer(2-3 bike) rack higher it needs to be. I have 2bike Thule on small SUV and only scrap on steep driveways if not paying attention.
Not that low . You'd really have to do something crazy to bottom it out / . I just meant it's far easier to lift a heavy object like a bike waist high then it is to lift it peck high . IMO it's the best rack going. Some comment that you can't use it with Fenders . Yes you can . Works great . Plus you can hang the thing flat on the wall out of the way when not using . And if I come to a point of not need it . I can make shelves with it LOL

I never owned a bike rack before so I wasn't sure how much I would use one, but I wanted to take our e-bikes over to the coast and ride around the Monterey, Pacific Grove and Pebble Beach area, which is about 3 hours away. I looked at several of the less expensive bike racks and eventually decided on the Hyperax Volt 2. It cost me just under $400 on Amazon when I bought it in January of this year and it has worked out very well. It is designed to handle the weight of two e-bikes and it hauls our high bar Vado and step through Como very securely and with no problems. Plus, it includes locking frame bar clamps for that little extra security when stopping along the way to use the bathroom or grab a quick bite. It is not fancy, but it was very economical and it works very well, and I am very happy with my purchase.
Those are nice racks . Racks like mine have went way way up in price . The design hasn't changed either . Just cost of metal products has soared . Go Joe Go Claus

1UP is different from many other tray style racks in the the additional trays sit higher so as to avoid the issue.

Haven't ever had a single-tray 1UP drag when on my Miata with it's hidden hitch, and it's pretty low.

BTW - 1UP does also offer a ramp option, though I've not used it.

1664460384426.png1664460522133.png

Alta Racks

Not sure if some of their smaller racks would be what you are looking for but for anyone who needs to carry more than 2 ebikes, these racks are hard to beat. We have the superior rack carrying 4 ebikes. Can carry up to 350 lbs. I would not recommend this rack for older people as you do need to be able to lift the bikes up a little bit when placing them in the basket but if you are younger and needing to shuttle multiple bikes, this company rocks. Excellent customer service. They had an item delivered the next day for free when I needed it. Super impressed so far.

1Up super duty single here too for my for my vado SL. The easy fold by Thule would be better for the regular vado or for any bicycle with full fenders.

I have never felt so secure transporting my bike than with the 1up. It's a great rack

Back