Bike rack

Sharonlasser

Hi! Thanks for suggestions on a bike rack but I need more suggestions. I have a step thru ebike with fenders, 55 lbs. the motow needs a drill and the other rack suggested wont take bikes with fenders. I need an easy to install and use rack with a tilt out feature because I have a hatch back. 1 1/4 inch hitch. Thanks for suggestions!

Look at Jerimiah McIntosh You Tube videos on his rack. He gets an XP 63 lb fat tire and another bike on the rack pretty easy. It tilts too...

Motow doesn't NEED a drill, but IF you opt for the lift kit then it comes with a 15/16 socket. You can add a <$10 ratchet that you keep in the boot of the car and manually crank it up/down with their provided socket. Doesn't take effort, even with the weight of the bike on it. I opted to carry my rechargeable drill that I keep in the camper/RV and move it back and forth between the vehicle and the RV depending on what I'm doing. The drill just makes a 1 minute job a 10 second job!!

The Thule EasyFold XT 2, once you find them back in stock will also work for you. It handles fenders/racks. The only issue you may need to figure out is the frame connection if you have a step-thru. But there are options for that so you can make it work.

Suggest Rola rack, plus extender Total around 260 USD. SEE CONVOY SUPPLY SOMEWHERE IN MISSOURI. Have step thru mtn bike too. Also bought Yakima extender from steering stem to bike seat, around 40. Used both from Phoenix to Kamloops BC. Worked great. Rola at least 1/2 price compared to fancy names. Sold on quality. Good luck

Saris freedom 2 bike rack. Up to 60 pound Each. fenders ok.
This was my first foray into car racks, saris also offers an extended wheelbase bar for those extra large frames. I thought I was just going to throw this thing away because my huge bulls bike wouldn’t fit.

Last edited:
Back