Bigger pedals

Taylor57

Does anyone have a suggestion on a bigger/wider pedal for my Espin Sport? My left heel clips the kickstand once in awhile when pedaling. I thought a wider pedal may help. I dont want to spend more than 30 bucks. That or removing the kickstand...

I tried to find wider pedals for my wife a few weeks ago. Cant really find much in the way of wider. They must exist but probably not under 30 bucks. Maybe change the kickstand to one that mounts futher back. They arent very expensive and simple to install

I tried to find wider pedals for my wife a few weeks ago. Cant really find much in the way of wider. They must exist but probably not under 30 bucks. Maybe change the kickstand to one that mounts futher back. They arent very expensive and simple to install

I will probably just remove the kickstand.

I have pretty generic platforms, wider is not an issue, but for taller riders I do think pedal extenders that move the foot to
the outside are much easier on knees.

Does anyone have a suggestion on a bigger/wider pedal for my Espin Sport? My left heel clips the kickstand once in awhile when pedaling. I thought a wider pedal may help. I dont want to spend more than 30 bucks. That or removing the kickstand...
How wide are your pedals now? How wide do you want them to be? I would just work to adjust your foot placement vs removing your kickstand. Maybe you could adjust your kickstand placement.

Last edited:
How wide are your pedals now? How wide do you want them to be? I would just work to adjust your foot placement vs removing yourself kickstand. Maybe you could adjust your kickstand placement.

I hear what you are saying, however it's not as easy to do as it is to say. Once my back heel clips the k'stand, I modify my foot position on the pedal from a natural riding position on the pedal to pedaling more directly over my arch. I think I'm just gunna remove the kstand. Problem solved...

I have very wide feet and upgraded the stock pedals on my Momentum to these 25Nine pedals. The difference is amazing and one of my favorite upgrades so far.

I've also found that I prefer to ride wearing tennis court shoes which have a stiffer sole and increased ankle support versus running shoes which bend over the pedals more at the toe and heel.

Back