Big Game Bikes 35A controller kit

Note that they don't ship anywhere but Europe.

Not clear why anyone would convert a bike like this to direct drive (gutless wonder at speeds below 15mph).

As a French rider, I appreciate having a European dealer. Less delay, faster shipping time.

I ordered a couple of Tannus Armour to try this out. Though I have converted my Kenda tires to tubeless, they are not great when it comes to repairing if completely deflated (which haven't happened yet). Hard to reseal the tires without a compressor (I almost never have a compressor on me when riding).

I have some Jumbo Jim as my next pair or tires which should be better (hopefully) when it comes to being tubeless. Still don't know what I'm going to run for ebikepacking (Tannus or tubeless).

I contact big game bikes to make some custom cables in order to have my Rhino (Rover) fully XT90 ready. But weird how I ended doing it.

At the end of the day, Gareth, the owner of Big Game Bikes was extremely responsive and the shipping from UK to France only took about 3 business day (confirmed my order last Wednesday, received everything today and I tested out the cables as soon as I got home).

Note that they don't ship anywhere but Europe.

Not clear why anyone would convert a bike like this to direct drive (gutless wonder at speeds below 15mph).
Hi

I saw your post and just wanted to say that we do ship worldwide but certain products are either too heavy or too expensive to ship to North America. Cost prohibitive. Equally, there are import duties and taxes payable which is always an unpleasant bill to receive.

If there is a product or service that you are interested in then I will always try to secure the most economical, fully insured shipping option.

As AHicks stated, any reason why you're selling direct drive motor?
As with most things, there are pro's and con's to everything. Direct drive motors have less moving parts, they are more reliable and once they get up to 8 to 10 mph they can produce a lot of power but they have less torque and are not as energy efficient.

I like that direct-drive motors have a slower and smoother start. Hitting the throttle on a powerful 1,000w geared motor by accident can cause big problems. I have even seen people get thrown off a powerful geared hub bike because they were not expecting the sudden power.

I am looking at stocking the G062 Bafang 1,000w geared motor for the RadRhino/Rover/Step-Thru bikes. Combining that motor with the 35 amp controller will provide a tremendous amount of torque! Watch this space!

That 1000w G062/35a KT controller combo should attract some attention for sure! Seriously. The MAC 12t and KT controller combo I've been riding for the last couple of years is so civilized you would never guess at it's true potential, appears bone stock to the untrained eye, is great regarding how much battery it needs/uses (35 mile range is easy on 14.5ah), and it's able to climb anything that's paved with ease.

Back