BH Easymotion Atom X Pro RC

Jordominne

Im looking into one of these and wondering what experience people have had with them? I know the Brose S motor has its critics and I am wondering if those who have had the bike longer than a year have had any issues? Also, wondering what the range is with normal PAS on flatter terrain and just comments in general.

I bought a 2017 Atom Lynx 6.0 and have had multiple issues with it the wiring, control panel and battery.

Can you provide a few details... did you or the LBS resolve the issues? Any cost for the repairs or warranty?

Thanks for sharing.

BH was great about the first two issues and sent a new wiring harness and controller to the LBS. They haven't responded the latest issue since last fall, which started with the power cutting off half way thru the ride and now, no power at all. Unfortunately, I am 600 miles from the place I bought it.

BH was great about the first two issues and sent a new wiring harness and controller to the LBS. They haven't responded to the latest issue since last fall other than to say it may be the battery, which started with the power cutting off half way thru the ride and now, no power at all. Given all the other problems, and the bike having less than 600 miles on it, I'm reluctant to buy a new battery.
Unfortunately, I am 600 miles from the place I bought it, so i have no way to test the battery.

Here in Canada the Post office is not accepting parcels from Europe due to the Covid so I hope I do not need any Bosch parts from overseas until this is all over.

BH was great about the first two issues and sent a new wiring harness and controller to the LBS.
They haven't responded the latest issue since last fall, which started with the power cutting off half way thru the ride and now, no power at all. Unfortunately, I am 600 miles from the place I bought it.

Good to hear that BH was responsive with your wiring and display issues.

I am assuming that you may have purchased remotely (CL?)… do they offer local warranty support?

You may also want to check with other owners on the EBR Brose forum for additional lessons learned.

Last edited:
BH was great about the first two issues and sent a new wiring harness and controller to the LBS. They haven't responded the latest issue since last fall, which started with the power cutting off half way thru the ride and now, no power at all. Unfortunately, I am 600 miles from the place I bought it.
FYI-I had a couple issues with my 2015 BH Evo Jet and the company came through with flying colors. They also sent me a controller and battery which were problem solvers. They did not hesitate in any way. Is there a tech you can communicate with at BH to assist? They seem very willing to help. Hope you get your issue resolved.

Something must have changed within BHUSA. Asked where battery could be tested, because their dealer locator is not accurate.( I don't think there is one in North Carolina) No response.

I actually took the bike to the place I bought it in January and the mechanic just pried the battery contact point and said that will fix it. It did not.
Meanwhile, the 2 year warranty expired in March. This issue has been going on since September.

Last edited:
Something must have changed within BHUSA. Asked where battery could be tested, because their dealer locator is not accurate.( I don't think there is one in North Carolina) No response.

I actually took the bike to the place I bought it in January and the mechanic just pried the battery contact point and said that will fix it. It did not.
Meanwhile, the 2 year warranty expired in March. This issue has been going on since September.

I think there have been some changes with regards to their US operations (seems several of the European brands are undergoing some trouble with the US market now that the major brands are fully into the ebike market).

The lesson I learned is to buy local. If a deal sounds too good to be true,it probably is...
I disagree. I bought from the cheapest online vendor I could find, and all was as described. One of the local shops selling BH went out of business and the other here in SoCal stopped carrying BH because BH left Orange County and apparently got difficult to work with.

I saved $1200 over buying locally. There is no way that the problems I'll have with my BH will cost me that much in the 1st 2 years. I go to a local bike shop for tune ups ($65). I've had to pay labor for the warranty replace of my controller ($60) and of my Brose S motor which failed right before I made 1 year of ownership ($120). I also had to replace front and re as rchainring, chains rear tire and shifter wiring. 1st year of ownership of a BH Atom X Pro RC had been a money pit, but I still think I'm ahead in cost compared to buying local.

Sounds like BHUSA have changed based on your experience posted. When I had battery issues, their response was a "no questions asked" policy and they just went ahead and sent me a new one via FedEx within a few days. Sorry to hear about this change.

It doesn't help that BH no longer has a North American presence. If I would of known that would be the case I sure wouldn't have purchased two BH bikes in the past year.

Back