Best way to lock the Benno RemiDemi

Joecreed

Hi everyone,

I was wondering the best way to lock a low step through bike like the Benno RemiDemi. I'm most likely going with a heavier duty chain lock since I live in a rural area that doesn't have many bike racks. I figured this would allow me to chain it to a heavy duty pull attached to the building of my gym, and some other places that may be difficult to lock up otherwise. My question is wear do I want to run the chain lock through? I can't seem to find any videos or articles for this in regards to the way my bike is made. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• remidemi.jpg
    remidemi.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 553
I'd stick the chain or cable through the rear box. Behind the seat, above the lower struts. I use a cable, there are no bike racks or tethers here. Meijer store thinks you secure a bike to the rack with the front wheel.
I use a 3/8" stainless steel sling from mcmaster.com, 6' long. Too short for most concrete embedded light poles but I can usually find a live electrical conduit or gas pipe or something. The sling is lighter than a chain, but wraps up to a minimum of 14" diameter, which may not fit in your box. You see I have 17" pannier bags left.

Back