Best replacement tires for NCM Moscow for urban settings?

-sandro-

The bike came with Schwalbe Smart Sam, however I'm now doing pretty much only urban commuting and a little bit of gravel (still in urban settings so very stable conditions). What do you suggest is the best replacement to reduce friction?
If possible I would like to find something that could work for occasional mtb if I wanted to. But I feel like Schwalbe Smart Sam is unsuited for urban settings.

My recommendation is Panaracer Gravelkings. Very good tires for my multi-surface riding. I ride them tubeless.

Hi, which version and width?
The bike came with Schwalbe Smart Sam, however I'm now doing pretty much only urban commuting and a little bit of gravel (still in urban settings so very stable conditions). What do you suggest is the best replacement to reduce friction?
If possible I would like to find something that could work for occasional mtb if I wanted to. But I feel like Schwalbe Smart Sam is unsuited for urban settings.
I installed the Schwalbe marathon plus tour 27.5x2.35 on my Vado, great tire not cheap, runs silent extra puncture protection, excellent grip, first thing I noticed very hard to lock rear wheel when braking, little hard to mount, I think they also are available in mtb

Hi, which version and width?
My bike came with Schwalbe G Ones. 27.5x2.40. I really liked the tires. Virtually no wear after 3.3k miles.
My only complaint was they were too soft and prone to punctures that were really inconvenient on the Trail. And they are noisy tires compared to the GravelKings.

Convinced by my LBS to go tubeless, I also took their advice for the GravelKings. Super good tires. No flats in 6K miles. And with self-sealant, they have been far superior to Slime in inner tubes for punctures.

I did replace my rear GravelKing after 5k more miles. I have this habit of locking-up the rear tire and sliding in the gravel to impress my wife. I love sliding the tires — been doing it since I was a kid growing up on a farm. My wife said my showing off is not working for her. Spoil sport!

I have also locked-up and slid the GravelKings on pavement, but only for road or traffic hazards and always experience good stopping traction, although sliding on the pavement is tough on tread.

Have fun riding on your new tires!

. I have this habit of locking-up the rear tire and sliding in the gravel to impress my wife. I love sliding the tires — been doing it since I was a kid growing up on a farm. My wife said my showing off is not working for her.
But have you tried it in a Speedo?

Back