Best frame mounted pump - 2021

ActionJackson

Region
Asia
City
Tokyo
Any recommendations on a frame mounted manually operated pump? Looking for something that pumps well. Not CO2.

See one of the best mini pumps out there in the market:

This pump is highly acclaimed: roadies carry it in their jersey back pocket. Interesting feature is the extendable hose (very important). Presta valves tend to break at their junction with the rubber if a pump with a stiff head is used; the hose prevents that. The bonus of the HP is the capability to produce pressure at values applicable to road bikes (it is still good for our e-bikes). The only drawback is the lack of the pressure gauge.

The website mentions a side mount bracket: not sure whether it comes with the pump. I'm going to see that pump at my LBS, as it was recommended to me by them.

See one of the best mini pumps out there in the market:

This pump is highly acclaimed: roadies carry it in their jersey back pocket. Interesting feature is the extendable hose (very important). Presta valves tend to break at their junction with the rubber if a pump with a stiff head is used; the hose prevents that. The bonus of the HP is the capability to produce pressure at values applicable to road bikes (it is still good for our e-bikes). The only drawback is the lack of the pressure gauge.

The website mentions a side mount bracket: not sure whether it comes with the pump. I'm going to see that pump at my LBS, as it was recommended to me by them.
I have the similar RR MT. A fatter version and it did come with a bracket that mounts under and to the side of a water bottle cage. Great pump!

I have the similar RR MT. A fatter version and it did come with a bracket that mounts under and to the side of a water bottle cage. Great pump!
I might consider buying that model. The initial thought of getting the HP pump was to share it with my roadie riding mates. Still, the MT looks more appropriate for the type of e-bikes I'm riding.

@J.R.: After inspecting the available types, I found just the RaceRocket (120 psi) the most suited :) I currently use the Mountain TT G (with a gauge) but 60 psi is too little, and the rigid head makes me not happy :) Otherwise, another great pump!

@J.R.: After inspecting the available types, I found just the RaceRocket (120 psi) the most suited :) I currently use the Mountain TT G (with a gauge) but 60 psi is too little, and the rigid head makes me not happy :) Otherwise, another great pump!
I like the hose on the MT. After I got it (5 years ago?) Topeak came out with some small pumps with gauges. Initially I thought I wanted a gauge. Then I realized I get very few flats, when I do I can estimate the pressure well enough to at least complete the ride. I do keep a gauge in my vehicle and I usually check and fill at home with a Joe Blow III before most rides. The MT is working for me, but given how little I use it I wouldn't replace an HP unless I had to. The MT has a little more volume, it's not that much a time saver over the HP. Nice they have so many options! The day you buy any one of them you'll see another that may make you doubt your choice. Topeak makes good pumps.

I really needed the Mountain TT G when I was riding the e-MTB. First of all, it was necessary to precisely determine the inflation pressure for given terrain. Secondly, I really appreciated that little pump when I got a puncture in a tubeless tyre, and lost all air before the sealant started working. It was really surprising how fast that small double-action pump filled the tyre back! It is because the TT delivers huge amount of air regardless which way the piston moves.

Still, the maximum pressure of 60 psi barely does for my current e-bikes. And I'd like it to have a hose, so thank you JR for the recommendations!

Go for Race Rocket (120 psi). The most suitable for the pressure range of Vado SL.

I know this post was from a while ago, but I'm looking for a carry-pump for my Vado SL 5.0 and the Topeak Racerocket HP (160) is around, but I can't find the regular Racerocket (120 PSI) locally. Any reason why the regular is "most suited" vs. the HP?

I know this post was from a while ago, but I'm looking for a carry-pump for my Vado SL 5.0 and the Topeak Racerocket HP (160) is around, but I can't find the regular Racerocket (120 PSI) locally. Any reason why the regular is "most suited" vs. the HP?
Typically, the higher pressure a given pump can provide the less air volume per stroke it can give. And it is better to control the pressure with the HP pump (Schwalbe Airmax Pro electronic gauge is just excellent).

Typically, the higher pressure a given pump can provide the less air volume per stroke it can give. And it is better to control the pressure with the HP pump (Schwalbe Airmax Pro electronic gauge is just excellent).
What about something like the Muc-Off Road CO^2 inflator kit instead of a pump, since this would just be for emergencies (flats out on the road)?

What about something like the Muc-Off Road CO^2 inflator kit instead of a pump, since this would just be for emergencies (flats out on the road)?
I like to travel as minimal as possible on road trips but, on the other hand, having some repair essentials out in the field can’t be overlooked. I have a couple of C02 cartridges attached to a Lezyne cage which also houses a multi tool. The 500 ml storage bottle holds the inflator, a spare tube/chain link, levers, zip ties, patch kit. I prefer using the bottle over a saddle bag.

IMG_20220623_1014235.jpgIMG_20220623_1015102.jpg

My wife has the Topeak Pocket Rocket attached to the side of her cage and carries a similar storage bottle.

Back