Best foldable ebike

So many choices but your sub-$1500 will narrow it down. But if your'e looking for cheap and known I'd recommend the Ride1Up Portola, the long range one. Others will say a Lectric XP 3.0 (I own one as well.) long range model. Please be aware that both of these ebikes are folders but folding them isn't the most pleasant experience. Well, easy to fold but heavy and cumbersome. My XP 3.0 is a heavy beast to lift into the back of my truck.

I use the word cheap but both of these ebikes are sold by known companies, and my XP 3.0 has been a reliable little tank. Others will name more choices. Oh, Aventon Sinch is on sale if I recall with a free battery.

If simple (and lighter) is what you want then a Lectric XP Lite is a good choice. My only gripe with Lectric folders is battery removal. It's much more involved than the Portola.

Specify the tire size. 20" x 40mm, 20" x 4" or something in between? Folders also come in 26" x2" tires, and also 16" x skinny tires.

I can't get excited about a folding 20" fat tire bike that weighs 65 lbs, I had one that I never folded. I could have had two of them for $1500 as my final cost for the first one was $725 shipped from amazon,,

I am trying to help my brother pick a good foldable e bike. I have the velotric nomad 1. My brother lives in Kentucky and only has a car. He wants to be able to bring his bike to Michigan where I live. That Adventon sounds like a good choice.. Thanks

The Sinch is a great little folder, just let him know about the weight. I almost purchased a overpriced JackRabbit XG over the weekend. What should have motivated me was it came with a free Kinekt seat post valued at $269.00! I hate those seat post so it wasn't a motivator to me. Oh well, done looking at JackRabbits for now. Only bonus with a JackRabbit, if your'e only looking to bump around on, is light weight, very simple and easy to handle. Far from a bulky folding ebike but then again, not useful if you want to pedal.

Aventon has the bonus of being sold thru some local bike shops, and can be ordered thru Best Buy. I have a local bike shop near me and checked out a Sinch in person and the other ebikes in the Aventon lineup. Check his area to see if he has a local dealer nearby. I also have a BIria dealer nearby and a Pedego (Latch model is a folder but pricey) dealer as well.

Back