"Best Bike" question you always get

rmfloyd0224

Court..I am a big fan! I appreciate your indepth videos and agree with you that "best bike" really comes down to how it is to be used. After seeing your early interviews, in 2018 I bought a NEW 2016 BH EVO JUMPER..it failed, the dealer gave up on the bike gave me credit to swap to a 2019 Lynx 6. Subsequently bought a 2018 Atom X and I ride them about 100-150 miles a week 9-10 months a year. I am 64 years old, in good health (thanks to ebikes) but have a terrible back and biking has helped.

If you were interested in getting a Class 3 bike that is used on light trails (C&O canal), no bumps nothing crazy and roads..using it 20% on canal 80% on road, has more than 50nm of power, preferably >700 watt hours battery and perhaps can bring spare power. I have profoundly learned that retail support is crucial, because these well used bikes required maintenance and I have had several unfortunate incidents with BH bikes..they have stood behind their product, but with their US operations ceased as of June 1, I want to get a brand that will be here next year and the year after. A bike that looks like this is the Trek Domane HP for features or the Trek Allant +9.9S.

My goals are:
be able to add 2-3inch riser on handle bars
class 3
upright
possibly carry add'l battery
light trails more roads
high quality dealer network
>500 Wh battery

The dealer you frequently visit in DC has some nice Specialized bikes, but if you want a bike like the kind I am describing, you have to get in line for "maybe" a delivery in 2021. I visited them, asked for Charlie after 4 visits, gave up, but his staff is quite excellent and they have repaired my bikes a few times; I like dealing with them in general.

Do you have any suggestions on a brand that you believe will be around and supportive in the long run?

thanks

Mike

Here is a good place to start... take a look at Court's recommendations for the best Class 3 eBikes.

Here’s our top picks for best Class 3 electric bikes of 2020. These top Class 3 ebikes represent the best combination of features and value right now, but you can see all 187 of our detailed Class 3 electric bike reviews listed by date here. Reviewing ebikes is our primary focus. We’ve been doing this since 2012, creating the most diverse and objective guides we possibly can, helping millions of people in their search to find the best electric bike for their needs and budget. Let’s go!

Table of Contents:

Here is a good place to start... take a look at Court's recommendations for the best Class 3 eBikes.

Here’s our top picks for best Class 3 electric bikes of 2020. These top Class 3 ebikes represent the best combination of features and value right now, but you can see all 187 of our detailed Class 3 electric bike reviews listed by date here. Reviewing ebikes is our primary focus. We’ve been doing this since 2012, creating the most diverse and objective guides we possibly can, helping millions of people in their search to find the best electric bike for their needs and budget. Let’s go!

Table of Contents:
Thank you so much

Back