Battery seat post lock

Erichb

We recently got two dolphins. They are great!
Just wondering if anyone has come up with a way to lock the battery seat post?
I could run a thin chain or cable under the seat for minor security but is there something else to make it a little more tough to snag?

Just my opinion, but I think the Qualisports are so few that no one will be looking to steal the seatpost batteries. You could look at locking seatpost clamps. That would require the thief to carry a combo tool, along with his angle grinder, but I hear Pinhead makes a good keyed model.

Edit: I doubt it would fit your battery seatpost. Use a steel cord on the seat, and change the quick release on your seatpost clamp to a torx nut,

I rarely leave our ebikes out of sight. Stop for lunch, we eat someplace where we can watch them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas. I will at least switch the quick release with a secure bolt or at least the bearing trick. Is it possible to just remove the quick release and tighten or need another/different bolt? Any idea the bolt size?

Thanks for the ideas. I will at least switch the quick release with a secure bolt or at least the bearing trick. Is it possible to just remove the quick release and tighten or need another/different bolt? Any idea the bolt size?
I'm not sure it's quite this simple. The bike frame cinch point is not squared-off evenly on both sides like a normal bike frame. One side is scalloped to seat the OEM quick release. Not impossible, just means some improvisation might be necessary.

Back