Battery replacement for eMoto

Bobh

My eMoto battery appears to have died. I am wondering what my options are since they are out of business.

I am in Chicago area if that matters.

Ali-express is full of ebike batteries. The type mounted behind the seat post is called Silverfish.
Or try this "refill" place: http://www.batteryrefill.com/Ebike/emoto/index.phtml - they'll put new cells in your casing. I understand this can be done with other packs too, not just Emoto.

Thanks.

I've checked out both. For silver fish cases, I saw one that didn't have connections in the bottom. How hard is it to get those and add in if necessary? It was purchased for a bike with a cable connection from the top.

Form-factor with connectors on the top is something different, not a Silverfish.
Silverfish normally has a handle on top, this is how you take it off. At the bottom there are connectors - plate with male plug mounted on the frame, and female socket on the battery casing. It might look like there is no connector on the bottom of Silverfish case, but it is always there, it's a female socket.

Silverfish: (Link Removed - No Longer Exists).

Last edited:
I did find a battery on ebay. I had a little trouble figuring out that it included parts that are intended to replace where the battery meets the bike. It didn't work at first, but I saw a lot of comments on batteries on ebays for these bikes mention the polarity. Once I figured out the polarity was reversed, now the lights on the throttle that attempt to indicate how much battery you have left now light up. The problem is that the engine never engages either via throttle or peddle assist. To complicate matters, it did tip over while I was working on it.

I have two theories...

1) I pooched the controller when I had the polarity reversed.
2) The brake cutoff is engaged improperly

Any suggestions on how to determine which of these (or any other possibilities) it might be?

I did find a battery on ebay. I had a little trouble figuring out that it included parts that are intended to replace where the battery meets the bike. It didn't work at first, but I saw a lot of comments on batteries on ebays for these bikes mention the polarity. Once I figured out the polarity was reversed, now the lights on the throttle that attempt to indicate how much battery you have left now light up. The problem is that the engine never engages either via throttle or peddle assist. To complicate matters, it did tip over while I was working on it.

I have two theories...

1) I pooched the controller when I had the polarity reversed.
2) The brake cutoff is engaged improperly

Any suggestions on how to determine which of these (or any other possibilities) it might be?

Well... I ordered some parts from China and will be starting an adventure since I don't really know what I am doing.

I got a new controller, LCD meter, PAS sensor, brakes and throttle. Basically the only thing I won't have replaced is the hub motor. All for just under $100 with about half of that being shipping.

I hope everything works together, or I'll be throwing more money at it.

Anyone have experience doing anything similar? Wondering what gotchas to expect.

Well... I ordered some parts from China and will be starting an adventure since I don't really know what I am doing.

I got a new controller, LCD meter, PAS sensor, brakes and throttle. Basically the only thing I won't have replaced is the hub motor. All for just under $100 with about half of that being shipping.

I hope everything works together, or I'll be throwing more money at it.

Anyone have experience doing anything similar? Wondering what gotchas to expect.

Back