Battery Mania

if you cut cost
Almost true. I thought the same and always used the top branded suppliers and products. Then I met some of the really creative fellows here. Typically @harryS comes up with brilliant solutions from his years of experience building. And he's a regular rider too! For me with zero background in anything electronic, I needed the hand-holding I got from dealers like Grin ebikes.ca They are rather expensive but I have far fewer issues with their gear. I've done of few of the cheapest Amazon kits and found myself doing more troubleshooting than I was prepared for. However, I did learn a lot more and that was a bonus when helping more customers.

Almost true. I thought the same and always used the top branded suppliers and products. Then I met some of the really creative fellows here. Typically @harryS comes up with brilliant solutions from his years of experience building. And he's a regular rider too! For me with zero background in anything electronic, I needed the hand-holding I got from dealers like Grin ebikes.ca They are rather expensive but I have far fewer issues with their gear. I've done of few of the cheapest Amazon kits and found myself doing more troubleshooting than I was prepared for. However, I did learn a lot more and that was a bonus when helping more customers.
Absolutely, I have had more problems to resolve with this rear hub build than I did with my mid mount motor build. The, consequence of this has been in gaining knowledge. Also, the EBR community's input has been invaluable as most bike shops where I live don't terribly like self build bike people as they would rather flog you a £10k Ebike with 2 batteries and a built in Garmin.

Back