Battery gone RIZE RX not happy customer service, thinking of selling already.

Sean C.

Battery on my RIZE RX crashed last week on cycle home from work, checked the fuses when got home and used multi-meter to confirm it was battery. RIZE have been a pain in the a## since I informed them. Sent them videos, they get back and ask to make 1 full video. Take multiple pictures they want more. Only got bike in March 500km on the bike, thinking of selling getting something new already. Any suggestions? I like 1000 Watt mid motor.

Does the mickey mouse power meter on the battery light up?

You used the multi meter where to confirm no voltage?

Battery on my RIZE RX crashed last week on cycle home from work, checked the fuses when got home and used multi-meter to confirm it was battery. RIZE have been a pain in the a## since I informed them. Sent them videos, they get back and ask to make 1 full video. Take multiple pictures they want more. Only got bike in March 500km on the bike, thinking of selling getting something new already. Any suggestions? I like 1000 Watt mid motor.
Really a shame your ebike died so quickly. If you're looking to upgrade, have you tried one of the big brand systems? Bosch, Yamaha, Brose or Shimano? If speed is a need, they all make speed pedelecs of 28 MPH. And the systems all have great warranties. Best of all you might have a local shop that sell them.

I have heard that phoning is better than email but if you have put a multimeter on the battery, know how to use it and video of same. I would be a daily caller and consider telling them you are shipping the battery and expect replacement as per warranty. I’d move these comments to the Rize forum as well.

I'm new to eBikes, and I'm wondering how a battery can "crash". To me, they are inert devices with no moving parts. There are however, other parts in the chain of electrons between the battery and motor that are more prone to failure than a battery fail to charge/power. I look forward to hear how your issue is resolved. I have a lot to learn.

I'
I'm new to eBikes, and I'm wondering how a battery can "crash". To me, they are inert devices with no moving parts. There are however, other parts in the chain of electrons between the battery and motor that are more prone to failure than a battery fail to charge/power. I look forward to hear how your issue is resolved. I have a lot to learn.
Similar thoughts here. Unfortunately, the battery cases all have warranty seals on them. You'd have to break that seal to investigate - voiding your warranty. My bet is once that case is opened, the repair would be a no brainer for many DIY'ers. Tough situation all around.....

I have been talking to them, they told me to make the video. Made it this morning and sent it off. They wanted proof that it was not the fuses using a multi-meter. I would not be surprised if they ask for something else today. Don't want write anything on Rize forum until I get new battery.

I have heard that phoning is better than email but if you have put a multimeter on the battery, know how to use it and video of same. I would be a daily caller and consider telling them you are shipping the battery and expect replacement as per warranty. I’d move these comments to the Rize forum as well.
It is on the Rize forum. That appears to be where it was posted.

CN

Really a shame your ebike died so quickly. If you're looking to upgrade, have you tried one of the big brand systems? Bosch, Yamaha, Brose or Shimano? If speed is a need, they all make speed pedelecs of 28 MPH. And the systems all have great warranties. Best of all you might have a local shop that sell them.
The OP is in Canada I believe. He wouldn't have access to a 28 mph pedelec.

CN

Last edited:
I expect they didn't make good, curious if you still have the bike as I'd probably buy it but you keep the battery 🤣

I expect they didn't make good, curious if you still have the bike as I'd probably buy it but you keep the battery 🤣
They replaced the battery after I made 5 minute video showing the fuses were OK, the charger was OK and using and amp meter showing no current was going through battery. After I sent that I had battery 3 days later, I had to send old battery back. I like upgrade bike every January, don't know if I will get another RIZE yet.

Back