Battery dropping fast after charging. Hum ??? BOSCH Li ION PowerPack 500

JohnDoe1983

Hi

I have a Moustache 2019 that has 1500km on it. (CX motor) The battery has so far showed me, when fully charge, 145km en ECO before I go. (Imagine what I lose in the 3 other mode).

Now it is only showing me 100km. Lost 35-45 km in a few days. I never ride in winter here in Canada.

Don't know what could be the cause. The battery is a BOSCH Li ION PowerPack 500

Any idea ?

Thanks for your help

Very little experience so far, still learning "normal". It appears to remeber what you did last ride. So if you were under heavy use when before you charged it, entirely possible it would show shorter range after charging. My last charge indicted 49 miles range on ECO at start. After riding for 1.5 hrs and 15 miles, it showed 75 miles range.

I have a Trek Allant+ 9.9S, with a Bosch system. The stated range at the beginning of the ride is meaningless, as it is updated every so often (I don’t recall the distance it uses to average). If you used the battery more than usual near the end of your last ride, it will show a short(er) range. After you ride a short distance in Eco mode, you’ll see the estimated range will increase.

I have a Trek Allant+ 9.9S, with a Bosch system. The stated range at the beginning of the ride is meaningless, as it is updated every so often (I don’t recall the distance it uses to average). If you used the battery more than usual near the end of your last ride, it will show a short(er) range. After you ride a short distance in Eco mode, you’ll see the estimated range will increase.
A tech told me to ride the bike until it will have no more juice in the battery and let it cool then, charge it again. (I doubt if the battery will like that) Hum ??? It did also said that there might be a faulty cell in the battery. I never went under 25% of juice remaining in the battery when I ride. More often 40%.

Yes I understand but have your tried to read the info just before you ride everyday? It should be consistent.
but its not. well it was on my gen 2 performance speed but on my my trek it can be way low or high when I start. by the time I get to work its accurate. So dont stress it too much.

Just got back from the dealer. All software were up to date. No problem found. He told me to ride the bike until there is no more juice in the battery and charge it after. That I will do.

Rayray seem to be right with his observation.

Thank you all for your help.

Just got back from the dealer. All software were up to date. No problem found. He told me to ride the bike until there is no more juice in the battery and charge it after. That I will do.

Rayray seem to be right with his observation.

Thank you all for your help.
yep ride it and see and don't worry so much.

I know but, I did not even start pedalling. Normally it shows 145.
You can reset this at any time.
It will adjust according to how you are riding and draining the juice.
I am riding Bosch for over 10 years and never even looked at the range. After riding it for 1500km you should already have a feeling for how far you can go.
If there is only one LED on the battery left, it is time to ride back home.

A tech told me to ride the bike until it will have no more juice in the battery and let it cool then, charge it again. (I doubt if the battery will like that) Hum ??? It did also said that there might be a faulty cell in the battery. I never went under 25% of juice remaining in the battery when I ride. More often 40%.
So when you have 25% left in the battery, you just turn it off and ride back home with no assistance?
There is a BMS, Battery Management System in the batteries. And it works really well so you don't have to waste any time thinking about how to manage the batteries. Just ride and use them and don't store the batteries empty or full if you are not using them for several months.

Just one last note.

Today it started at 101 km. 10 km later the Intuvia was now at 131, Yish!! 12km later it was now reading 121.

Wow!!! I think my BSM is smoking pot. Anyway I am glad to see that everything seem to be normal.

FOOFERDOGGIE has the right idea. I’ll stop worrying now.

Thanks to all of you.

the wierd thing in my gen 2 motor was very consistent on the miles when started. but the trek has been all over the place. well usually too high or too long sometimes accurate. with experience you will know what to expect.

Today it started at 101 km. 10 km later the Intuvia was now at 131, Yish!! 12km later it was now reading 121.
This is how it is supposed to work.
The system cannot look into the future. It is recalculating all the time based on the past minutes/miles of riding.

The range on the Bosch system is calculated every 1.5 miles of use. This is based on cadence, speed, mode of use, temperature, etc. You can also always reset these statistics to factory standard through the settings of the display.

A dealer will always have the ability through diagnostics to detect if your battery is unwell or draining too fast. Fear not!

Back