Battery died ( I think)

Hello. I am having a similar problem as Randroid. I have the 20" Foldable Ecotric bike with the 36v12.5 AH battery which seems to possibly be dead or malfunctioned of some sort.

It had been maybe close to a month since the last time I rode my bike and I charged the battery full or to nearly fully charged. So when I push the button on top of the battery to check the battery level (3 lights; 1 red and two green) it will dimly flash for a split second and then the lights will turn off even though I am still holding the button. This happens every time I push/hold the button. When you hold the button down the lights are normally a lot brighter and it stays on until you release the button. When I go to charge the battery the charger light will be red for a couple seconds like it's charging. During that couple of seconds, if I push the button on top of the battery, it lights up bright and stays lit like it's supposed to. That's until the battery charger light goes green and then it's back to what it was doing before which is like what Harry said for when the battery stops accepting current it goes back to not working properly. Here is a picture of the voltage:

Voltage Meter.jpg

My 1 year warranty just expired 3 weeks ago to exchange the battery for free so they told me right now it's going to be a little over $200 for a replacement which I find ridiculous and absolutely frustrating when I probably have maybe 100 easy, leveled pavement miles on this bike in a year. It's never been ridden in the rain and the battery has ALWAYS been stored indoors. So there should be little to no reason for this battery to fail with such little use.

Can anyone help me possibly diagnose what's going on here and if it's fixable?

Back