battery charger with a Higo 6-pin connector?

fnord

Looking for a 2nd charger for my Vintage Electric Cafe. The oem charger says 54.6V / 6A. I don't mind if the amp rating is lower, as this would be for overnight charging.

I've searched around and I cannot find chargers that use the connector VEB uses. It's made by Higo, has 6 pins. I'll post a pic in a bit. VEB only has 6A chargers.
IMG_1603.jpg

Howdy; don't have an answer for you but I have the Cafe as well, so I'm interested in any answers posted. I contacted VEB and I think they said they sell the charger for 129?

$129 is not a bad price for this charger with a specialized end. Some particular reason you don't want to buy one from VEB?

Apologies... I went back and found the email from Vintage, and the spare charger is 150 not 129. Still a reasonable price I think, based on the little research I've done into third-party chargers.

I was hoping to get a smaller lower amp one that didn't have a fan for charging at home over night and I would keep the bigger one in my office. I think I found the identical charger online for 77 bucks shipped from China, but it has XLR connectors and I can't say I'm impressed with the quality of the OEM charger.

Have you had issues with the VEB charger? If so, what kind?
Mine seems quite solid and sort of built like a tank. I haven't had any observable quality concerns thus far.

Have you had issues with the VEB charger? If so, what kind?
Mine seems quite solid and sort of built like a tank. I haven't had any observable quality concerns thus far.

Maybe you got a different one, but mine is a generic flyback charger, except with this special cable. I haven't put it on a 'scope, but I can't imagine the output of this is very clean (could hurt battery life). Its fan is noisy, you have to turn it off and on to reset after a charge, otherwise plugging it back into the bike with it on won't start it.

I'd be happy with a lower amp charger that didn't have a fan, or the ability to use something like the Satiator charger which would improve the longevity of the batteries.

I suspect the 4 extra smaller pins are not connected to anything. if that's the case, then I can just adapt another charger if I can find that weird connector for sale.

Maybe you got a different one, but mine is a generic flyback charger, except with this special cable. I haven't put it on a 'scope, but I can't imagine the output of this is very clean (could hurt battery life). Its fan is noisy, you have to turn it off and on to reset after a charge, otherwise plugging it back into the bike with it on won't start it.

I'd be happy with a lower amp charger that didn't have a fan, or the ability to use something like the Satiator charger which would improve the longevity of the batteries.

I suspect the 4 extra smaller pins are not connected to anything. if that's the case, then I can just adapt another charger if I can find that weird connector for sale.
Use a multimeter and a plug in timer to sort the value of time to level of charge. Lots of folks use this simple method to charge to 80%. Just some time to determining the chargers rate.

What type of batteries do you have? If some sort of lithium, the BMS may be in the charger and not the pack. Be careful charging then with anything else.

Back