Batter charger

PacNwTexan

At one time (I've only had the bike since May) my charger motor fan would stop once the battery was charged. Now it just stays on with no indication charging has completed. Any ideas?

Yes that's correct. 2 months old and the stock charger seems to keep going. The fan inside the charger was always an indication of charging being complete.

NO! But I'm confused as to what you consider "all the way". eBike controllers have a set LVC (low voltage cutoff).
Per Leon Cycle FAQ:
Do I need to “break-in” my batteries?
Yes, the batteries used in our eBikes will need to have a “break-in” cycle consisting of ~ three discharge/charge cycles before they will reach optimum performance. This involves three complete discharges and three complete recharges. After this initial “break-in” cycle the batteries will have maximum possible performance and less line voltage fluctuations under load.

No fan in the charger that came with my Moscow. In fact, there isn't even any slots in the case to allow the heat out!
Can't see it lasting long. Excess Heat is usually what kills electronics.

No fan in the charger that came with my Moscow. In fact, there isn't even any slots in the case to allow the heat out!
Can't see it lasting long. Excess Heat is usually what kills electronics.
My Moscow+ arrived just 2 weeks ago and the charger with it for sure includes a fan, quite audible.

The charger that came with my bike also gets hot and has no fan. The counter I charge on also gets hot. I have started puting the charger on a coffee cup and now it doesn't get as hot with some air circulation under it.

Also any kind of heatsink works. I sometimes put a charger on its side for air flow and on a cast iron frying pan or a flat rock. Never a book.

Mine doesn't feel like it get's warm enough to set anything on fire, but without any vent holes in the plastic cover, I can't see it lasting very long with all that heat contained inside!

I have a few of these fan-less chargers, and while they get warm, I have not experienced any failures. If concerned about it, maybe one could cut some holes or slots in the plastic case?

I have a few of these fan-less chargers, and while they get warm, I have not experienced any failures. If concerned about it, maybe one could cut some holes or slots in the plastic case?
What if you glue some old CPU cooling fins on one side? And stand it on edge?

I had this 54.6V 5A fast charger before I knew better. Sure it works great but it is probably not great for the battery.

There's absolutely no problem with fanless at 2A. The heat is a bit disconcerting but I use the cheap fanless. $10 on Aliexpress, as backups for my satiator. The shop I help out has sent out scores of budget chargers with no issues.

Back