Bam Power being sued by Rad Power

• Thread starter Deleted member 4210
  • Start date
What I found disturbing about the whole BAM site, was that apparently they can order the exact same bikes from China that RAD promotes as their special design.

Yep. They can. Nothing special about Rad. Chinese folks designed it, and anyone over in China can copy it. They do the same with many thousands of US designed products that are patented here in the US too. Our patents are meaningless to China. That's small part of the whole trade issue Trump has been harping about. They've stolen and made billions off US IP for decades. There are many clones of other brands of ebikes coming from China. It's not just Rad that is being copied.

My Father (born in 1920) told me as a child (waaay back), "China specializes in COPYING everything". and always cheep knock-offs.

My Father (born in 1920) told me as a child (waaay back), "China specializes in COPYING everything". and always cheep knock-offs.
That was probably Japan? And like Japan, China's products are no longer cheap knock-offs. Since they stole so much of our IP, they have improved their processes and quality to the point where their products are of very good quality, for the most part.

China is also suffering from product design theft inside it's own country. My lipo factory will only give tours to dealers that live outside the country. The Chinese government is trying to crack down on corporate espionage which is rampant inside it's own country. There own way of life that allowed copying everyone else, is catching up with them. China has many engineers, who design many products that don'y copy anyone else. But now they are finding their own products being copied by other Chinese company's. Seems a little karma is catching up with them.

Back