Bafang USA Direct

Decided to buy from BafangUSAdirect. Called and talked to Kevin (if I remember his name correct). Big part of this experience was to be sure I had a chance to speak to someone. Great guy and answered all my questions. I ordered the bbs02 on Thursday the 9th and it got here Monday the 13th (shipped from CA to IL). Super fast!

I installed the kit on a Giant Talon 3 29er. Went on the bike beautifully very happy with the result. Test rode the bike last night and we'll go for a longer ride today. But everything worked out real well.
20171121_182958.jpg

Attachments

• 20171121_182944.jpg
    20171121_182944.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,418
Took it out to find some limits. 42.5 miles before the battery gave up the ship. I set 8 levels of pedal assist and road most of the distance in level 2 and 3. Very impressed the power and range. Game changer.

I want to buy the 2018 model do you think and 52v 24ah triangle battery would fit in the triangle also I'm looking to install the bbshd I shouldn't have a problem with that

I want to buy the 2018 model do you think and 52v 24ah triangle battery would fit in the triangle also I'm looking to install the bbshd I shouldn't have a problem with that
You would have to get measurements to be sure. I don't have experience with that battery.

What battery did you go with there so many options out there I would just like go with a know reliable one

Order Summary
Bafang BBS02 750W Mid-Drive Motor Ebike Kit & 12Ah Panasonic Cell Battery with Charger (48V Ultra-Slim or 52V Dolphin) (1)
Sprocket Size
44 (Most Torque)
LCD Display
C961
Battery Options
Ultra Slim 48V 11.6Ah Samsung Cells

Brake Switches
Hydraulic

I have got over 40 miles with this battery. It'll depend on the assist level... in my case I was testing and most of the assist was on level 3 ( level 1 - 8... level 8 is the most assist). Super happy with the system and would buy it again - no question.

Doug at California eBikes is offering a special package with all kits.
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 10.40.19 AM.png

Thought I'd write an update. Went over 200 miles the other day. Problem free... until the other day. Very short ride and the power went out.
Got a very quick reply back from Bafang USA Direct. Turns out the connection was the problem! Fixed in just a minute.
Also did some looking and found a great article on troubleshooting problems from Luna. I'll post both here.

From BafangUSAdirect:
It sounds like the issue is coming from the connection between the battery and the mount. Please follow these steps in order to (hopefully) remedy the issue:

1. Turn your whole system off and remove the battery.

2. Once the battery is removed try and turn on your Bafang motor with the power button (though the motor won't power on because there is no battery it should use any residual power in the system so it doesn't spark when you fix the connection).

3. Once this has been done, use a pair of pliers to tweak/ squeeze the two outside male prong connectors on your battery mount inwards to make sure that your battery has a good solid connection with the mount.

Link to troubleshooting article:
https://electricbike.com/forum/foru...ubleshooting-a-completely-dead-bbshd-or-bbs02

Yes a 52V battery would be very good with BBS02

I installed a BBS02 on a customers bike a few weeks ago that he had gotten from this company. The 48v 10ah Shark battery came in a Priority Mail box uncertified to UN 3480 with Class 9 Hazard labels. "The penalties for failing to properly package or properly offer for transport a lithium battery can carry fines of up to $55,000 dollars per package per day. This is for accidental violation of the rules where there is no intent to “wilfully” violate the requirements.Feb 25, 2013."

Not to mention when asked at the PO if there was anything liquid, fragile or potentially hazardous and not declaring it as such is also a federal crime.

Just saying.....

I installed a BBS02 on a customers bike a few weeks ago that he had gotten from this company. The 48v 10ah Shark battery came in a Priority Mail box uncertified to UN 3480 with Class 9 Hazard labels. "The penalties for failing to properly package or properly offer for transport a lithium battery can carry fines of up to $55,000 dollars per package per day. This is for accidental violation of the rules where there is no intent to “wilfully” violate the requirements.Feb 25, 2013."

Not to mention when asked at the PO if there was anything liquid, fragile or potentially hazardous and not declaring it as such is also a federal crime.

Just saying.....
These swift talking vendors with few support parts, if any, skirting regulations make for unfair competition. In my opinion. But one quickly learns, in the kit world, price is everything. $10 can lose a sale. Buy a kit from one, a battery from another, and expect motor support from both.

Back