Bafang Ultra Greasing Gears

Yeah I think it's doable if I use green cornhead grease. On one of the video on this thread it looks like in liquid form.
I have had my Bafang Ultra since June and I have logged 1400+ miles when cruising at top speed it makes a high pitch whining.
I'm going to open up motor once and put lube points for convenience.
Rome I put John Deer Cornhead grease in my Mag Ultra three weeks after I got it. I've got about 1400 miles on it. It was noisey before. Runs as quiet as a mouse now.

?? How does that affect a Bafang warranty?
Not about Bafang its about Rize, do not give them any reason to deny a claim. OPs motor could have an issue down the road, he returns it to Rize and its been opened and is now full of after market grease? Why makes things complicated when they dont need to be?
Leave the motor alone and if there is an issue while under warranty get a shiny new motor with zero BS. After the warranty is over then yeah!
I dont understand why anyone would even consider opening and tampering with a new motor lol. These are the people that pop up later with some wild hate post yelling about how the company stopped responding to their emails and you should never buy their bikes lol.

I guess eleven that some of us just see the world differently due to our situations. I found the M620 to be too loud and doing research discovered that corn head grease was the way to go. Had no issues breaking the motor open and upon seeing the pitiful amount of lithium grease in there and then adding the CH grease it as Tom says quiets the motor way down, but not silent, lots of metal on metal meshing in there.

As far as the idea of having a grease port on a motor like the M620 it won't work. There is no dam between the gears and the controller and you would just end up filling the controller full of grease. The CH grease is made for long life and at some point may need to be replaced but that is miles down the road. Trick is to use just enough and not too much I have found.

I will get a new controller for my G510. Then I will re-grease the motor. I have "Fett 2000" from Motorex here. Do you think i can use that? Here the datasheet

1665340011889.png

Not about Bafang its about Rize, do not give them any reason to deny a claim. OPs motor could have an issue down the road, he returns it to Rize and its been opened and is now full of after market grease? Why makes things complicated when they dont need to be?
Leave the motor alone and if there is an issue while under warranty get a shiny new motor with zero BS. After the warranty is over then yeah!
I dont understand why anyone would even consider opening and tampering with a new motor lol. These are the people that pop up later with some wild hate post yelling about how the company stopped responding to their emails and you should never buy their bikes lol.
Thanks for explaining. I’m surprised that lubricating would negate a warranty. We never denied a BBSxx series sale over customer lubrication. I’m trying to sort in my mind under what conditions a factory direct seller would deny another issue ove a known weak spot with Bafang. Thanks

Thanks for explaining. I’m surprised that lubricating would negate a warranty. We never denied a BBSxx series sale over customer lubrication. I’m trying to sort in my mind under what conditions a factory direct seller would deny another issue ove a known weak spot with Bafang. Thanks
Maybe im just paranoid but i would be wary of even opening my motor while warrantied forget about installing grease unless i was instructed by the bike manufacturer. Someone with no experience could easily tear that gasket and run into issues with water down the road. Easy way to find out if its ok is to just email Rize and check before you do any greasing.

Back