Bafang nomenclature

AdilDesai

I'm not sure which motor is which. I've seen threads about G510, M600, M620, BBS02B, BBSHD. I bought a bike with a Bafang "Ultra". No clue which one of these it is (or if there's another designation).

Can anyone please list out what each motor is?

Please & thank you.

The Bafang designations are very confusing at best, but I think this is about right.
The bafang Ultra is also called the G510 and M620 it is just different names for the same thing a 1000watt nominal Mid Drive with torque sensing that can only be used in a dedicated frame.
The M600 is a lower powered smaller version of the ultra basicly.
The BBSHD is a 1000watt motor which you will work on a standard frame, does not have torque sensing.
The BBso2 is a 750watt version of the HD.
I think that is right :) the Ultra info certainly is.
What bike did you buy?

Last edited:
The Bafang designations are very confusing at best, but I think this is about right.
The bafang Ultra is also called the G510 and M620 it is just different names for the same thing a 1000watt nominal Mid Drive with torque sensing that can only be used in a dedicated frame.
The M600 is a lower powered smaller version of the ultra basicly.
The BBSHD is a 1000watt motor which you will work on a standard frame, does not have torque sensing.
I think that is right :) the Ultra info certainly is.
What bike did you buy?
I bought the new Watt Wagon superbike (Ultimate Commuter Pro v2). Really excited about it, and October can't come soon enough.

Thanks for the very helpful answer.

Nice you have the g510/m620/ultra then. Does that come with the upgraded controller that WWagons offer?
Regardless I am sure you will love it.

BBS02 and 01 were the first. Now BBS01B and BBS02B. BBSHD came later and has a lot of different parts. But share a harness and the same Higo connectors and accessories . BBSHD motors are often labeled 750w. 1000w is a programming change. 01B and 02B are 68-73mm. BBSHD Has several bottom bracket widths, 68-73mm, 100mm, and 120mm.

BBS02 and 01 were the first. Now BBS01B and BBS02B. BBSHD came later and has a lot of different parts. But share a harness and the same Higo connectors and accessories . BBSHD motors are often labeled 750w. 1000w is a programming change. 01B and 02B are 68-73mm. BBSHD Has several bottom bracket widths, 68-73mm, 100mm, and 120mm.

Interesting... are you saying that the BBSHD and 750w BBS02B have the same controller as well?

Interesting... are you saying that the BBSHD and 750w BBS02B have the same controller as well?
No. They only share a harness. Speed sensor and the same HIGO connectors. A new BBSxx series motor could be easily plugged into and existing build. I’ve seen quite a few customers buy bare motors and reuse the rest of the components. I hope that helps.

Back