Bafang motors with different controllers.

scott jewell

I found a source for used Bafang motors online .

80 bucks for two 350 watt motors. It came to $100 with shipping and they ship fed x.

But wait ???? Before ordering. I have yet to get one of the Bafang motors to work. The ideal set up is rather expensive as you need a controller that has the 9 pin connecter. Those controllers can be found but require a display module to start the motor which is extra money. I found one from e bikeling which was $50 and a display module for around $30 so already had almost as much as the cost for both motors just to get one of them working. The display module was defective and sold the controller for $30 as was not spending another $35 and waiting 3 months for a replacement from economy shipping from China.

I explored other options and ordered a adapter wire like this one from a US vender. The controller I used was a simple to hook up model from wish.com. After hooking it all up and testing several times the result was very disappointing.

I thought it was the motor but not sure as I hooked up both motors and they both basically did the same thing. I am not sure what the cause could be or what to do with the motors and controllers I got now.

I have hooked up two direct drive and two geared hub motors from e bikeling in the past and never ran into that problem. I am hoping someone will know what is going on.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 386
  • hookup.png
    hookup.png
    240.6 KB · Views: 387
It's the old story of phase wires and sensor wires not matching up. Bafangs should have the right color codes on the wires, but they might not be bafangs.

You probably seen this diagram. I've ever had to use it, but maybe try it. Don't give each new test a lot of throttle, because a wrong connect can sink a lot of current. If it doesn;t work, move on to the next configuration.

phasechart.jpg

It's the old story of phase wires and sensor wires not matching up. Bafangs should have the right color codes on the wires, but they might not be bafangs.

You probably seen this diagram. I've ever had to use it, but maybe try it. Don't give each new test a lot of throttle, because a wrong connect can sink a lot of current. If it doesn;t work, move on to the next configuration.

View attachment 82783

I have a sensor less controller on the way. I was going to use it to test the Bafang motors in case I ran into issues which I did. If it works would that prove your point on the sensor wires. If so I can order 350W sensorless controllers as that is for testing only. I guess I could run it with that but a speed control knob is not as good as a thumb throttle. To be honest I really do not want to mess around with sensor wires. I only paid 22 bucks for both controllers that do not work. They were 11 bucks each.

Do you think a sensorless controller could do the trick.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

LC. out.

Attachments

• download (1).png
    download (1).png
    239.9 KB · Views: 300
Back