Bafang ebrake sensors w/ Shimano M315 brake levers?

G-42

Just took the plunge and retrofitted my Diamondback commuter bike with a BBS02 kit. Still getting used to the on/off nature of the cadence sensor, and about to install a gear sensor. One thing that's got me a bit stumped is how to mate up the ebrake sensors with the M315 hydraulic brakes I already had on the bike - they're pretty good bang for buck, and I'd hate to have to replace them, but the way the lever moves, there's no obvious (to me) arrangement to mount the sensor and magnet. I've played around with it for a while and just can't seem to find a way to set it up. Has anyone had better luck with this who wouldn't mind posting a picture of how they've achieved success?

Hey thanks, that's a neat concept - I think that'll work better than the Bafang sensors (magnet and sensor) that need to create a gap. On the M315s, I can't find a way to mount them that reliably produces the gap to effect the cutoff. This thing seems like it would be easier to configure; I'll give that a try.

Both work very well. Epoxy putty and flat black model paint make for a good mount.

Got the GRIN sensor delivered yesterday; I have to say, it's a much better execution of the concept than the Bafang sensors that came with my kit. Looking forward to testing that out properly.

Grin is always top quality, but the glue on can work very well and do on many other brake levers. We have a propensity to think our best choice is everyone’s. Different applications call for different solutions. I’m happy to read that you’re pleased.

Back