Bafang display 860c Good for 750 watt bafang hub motor ?

Clueless

Have been told by internet dude who sold me my 750 watt rear bafang hub drive bike that I can replace the 800 display with the new 860c, plug & play but when I look on line they say this 860c is for mid drive Bafang.
Can anyone clarify?

Greenish display is my current display
Other picture is the 860c showing connector and keypad

Attachments

• F4B5DEFB-7C5A-429B-B40E-880F988D66D7.png
    F4B5DEFB-7C5A-429B-B40E-880F988D66D7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 397
  • 168709FB-AB1D-4746-B4DA-45EE06652964.png
    168709FB-AB1D-4746-B4DA-45EE06652964.png
    658.6 KB · Views: 509
Have been told by internet dude who sold me my 750 watt rear bafang hub drive bike that I can replace the 800 display with the new 860c, plug & play but when I look on line they say this 860c is for mid drive Bafang.
Can anyone clarify?
I'm almost you can, I've seen the 860c offered with the Bafang 500 rear hub motor, so assume it's also good for 750w. BTW, i have used the 860C for 8 months with my mid-drive Bafang bike and really like it. The initial challenge is finding the instructions on how to fully program it, but once you do, you are set.

so you think it will work and I am inclined to think the same but as you said the trick is programming I have read again from the internet that the 860c can be speed locked and they say it can’t be changed. I like the look of the interface and has the info I want
I’ll keep looking for info.
thanks

it really is an excellent LCD. it keeps track of your total mileage, and you can reset the trip mileage by pressing the + and - at the same time, took me awhile to find that out. check out youtube for instruction videos. i would also highly recommend you program a password, that way your bike stays locked and no one can use your motor.

What display(s) that will work properly is going to depend on your controller pretty much. A BUNCH of different controllers are used with/work well with Bafang hub drives (of all sizes), but not all are going to be compatible with the Bafang displays.

If your original display is a Bafang, I'm pretty sure you could go with a different Bafang display. Otherwise, you'll need to do more research.

And as far as programming, other than setting the wheels size and other common features, there may or may not be anything else available. The Bafang mid drives, and all the programming they offer, are a whole different breed of controllers that are internal to the drive, and made by Bafang.

Did you solve your problem? I've got a similar problem and want to know if those connectors are compatible. I asked in this site, where i bought the kit but i have received no answer.

Did you solve your problem? I've got a similar problem and want to know if those connectors are compatible. I asked in this site, where i bought the kit but i have received no answer.
Not sure if your asking me but I will share some news, my Internet seller who is very responsive has gotten back to me regarding the 860 display and my Cheetah 750 watt bafang rear hub motor bike. It won’t work the 860 is really for mid drives, my seller is ordering the 900 display which is fully compatible with my bike.
My problem is solved
Thanks

Back