Bafang 500w rear hub 48v

Gr3

My mid drive works great but my rear hub is very jumpy when you use pedal assist. I have set different levels of assist and even in 1 the bike will jump when you start pedaling. Doesn't seem any one knows how to program a hub model. So I was wondering if any one knows how I could put something in of battery power to lower power or amps to slow this down?
Thanks

Is there something I could put inline on battery to turn the watts down? My level 1 is still very jumpy and fast.

I don't know what you mean? You want to put something inline (like a resistor?) on battery to turn watts down?

I'm not an expert, but I think if you try to put some resistance inline between the controller and the battery, the controller will just try to pull more power and that could really heat up both the resistor and the battery.

What kind of controller and display do you have? It may be possible to program.

Could I use this to regulate the speed by putting it inline with battery?

Maybe? I've never heard of anyone doing something like that before. I think it's probably better to determine what kind of controller and display you have, and then see if you can change the settings.

Back