Bad performance after controller replacement

cayacoa

Region
USA
Hello everybody. I need help with my ecotric fat bike.

Back in November, I got the error code 030 which means something like UART error. So basically my controller was toasted. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of it to see the specifications but ecotric sent me a new replacement and a new display.
My problem is that my bike's acceleration and time to reach top speed have greatly decreased. The average speed of my bike now is around 15Mph and gets stuck at 18Mph. The bike uses an S900 display and I've unlocked the full speed but nothing changes.
I've found some info about the controller that they use now, apparently, it's an 18Amp controller.
This is the info that I was able to find for it:
Technical data:
MODEL: LCO4818C1H-TS23 CONTROLLER
NOMINAL VOLTAGE: DC48V
NOMINAL CURRENT: 9A
MAXIMUM CURRENT: 18A + - 1A
LOW VOLTAGE PROTECTION: DC40 + - 0.5V
SPEED SET: 1-4.2V
I'm not sure if it's actually a problem with my motor. my battery still holds a decent charge. It's a 48V battery. Is there another aftermarket controller and display that I can try?

That bike should reach 25 mph on 48V. What happens if you lift the rear wheel and open the throttle. Is the speedometer still showing 18 mph? THen you have a configuration issue, and that includes wheel size, the number of magnets, and motor gear ratio. That's boilerplate info usually set in the display parameters, and maybe they didn't put it into a new display. Not knowing the SW900, cannot help you there.

That bike should reach 25 mph on 48V. What happens if you lift the rear wheel and open the throttle. Is the speedometer still showing 18 mph? THen you have a configuration issue, and that includes wheel size, the number of magnets, and motor gear ratio. That's boilerplate info usually set in the display parameters, and maybe they didn't put it into a new display. Not knowing the SW900, cannot help you there.
It goes up to 25mph but running on the street the max speed is 20. The max speed prior to the controller replacement and with the tire lifted was 27.

Either a current limiter is in place, or an artifical speed limit for Class 2. The latter should have a simple SW900 hack on a youtube video for Ecotric.

Either a current limiter is in place, or an artifical speed limit for Class 2. The latter should have a simple SW900 hack on a youtube video for Ecotric.
It's just that the SW900 and the S900 use different settings. There are many things that i don't know about the motor like who many magnets it has. Anyways, do you know about a controller+display combo that I could buy for a 20amp controller?

I'd buy a 25A or 20A KT sine wave controller with an LCD3, LCD7 or LCD9 display. There are other displays, but I've used these three.

Here's a 22A model, Topbikekit is OK seller. SHipping has been high,

I'd buy a 25A or 20A KT sine wave controller with an LCD3, LCD7 or LCD9 display. There are other displays, but I've used these three.

Thank you so much!

Just wanted to let you know that yesterday I completed the upgrade. I had to buy a new cable connector for the motor that has the other connector. I also had to cut the PAS and the throttle connectors and swap them. The bike has MUCH MORE torque, the speed remains around 20 Mph, but I think I still have to configure the KT-LCD3 correctly. It's not reading the speed accurately. I bought the 22A controller it "fits" inside the box for the controller but the other cables make it very hard to fit inside so I had to put it inside a bike pouch.

Excellent!

Try P1 at 80. Its main purpose is to let the system compute speed from knowing the motor rpm, reduction gear ratio, and tire size. You can adjust P1 up and down and the displayed speed should change.

P2 =1 for your internal speed sensor on the Ecotric motor
P4 =1 and C4 =4.for throttle with PAS 0. This can lead to accidents. Otherwise set C4 at 0 and you have no throttle until you set a PAS level,
C5 sets current and actually works if you want to go slower.

Excellent!

Try P1 at 80. Its main purpose is to let the system compute speed from knowing the motor rpm, reduction gear ratio, and tire size. You can adjust P1 up and down and the displayed speed should change.

P2 =1 for your internal speed sensor on the Ecotric motor
P4 =1 and C4 =4.for throttle with PAS 0. This can lead to accidents. Otherwise set C4 at 0 and you have no throttle until you set a PAS level,
C5 sets current and actually works if you want to go slower.

Will give it a shot tomorrow and let you know.

Back