Aventon “mis-Aventure” Disastrous Customer Support

webopus

Region
USA
City
Goodyear, Arizona
First let me say that these Aventon Aventure e-bikes are terrific in many ways. They’re sturdy, the 750 watt hub motors provide lots of power and acceleration and the design is beautiful. However, if something goes wrong with your bike, you are in world of hurt. Aventon Customer Support is an absolute disaster. Our bikes shipped on June 29th, 2021 and arrived a few days later. One has been a dream and the other a nightmare. The front tire was so far out of True that a local bikes shop could not balance it. Screws started falling out of some external and internal parts. And then - after only two months and 347 miles the battery died during a short 3 mile round trip. I submitted a Warranty Form on August 30, 2021. And over the next four weeks, I provided proof of purchase, serial numbers as well as images and videos of the problem. Yet, despite dozens of emails, phone calls, and online tech support chats, I still have not received a new battery. It's taken longer to send out a new battery than it did to ship two bikes. So a word of warning. Aventon is no fly-by-night Go Fund Me kind of operation, but if you have a warranty problem, prepare yourself for a very, VERY long wait.

First let me say that these Aventon Aventure e-bikes are terrific in many ways. They’re sturdy, the 750 watt hub motors provide lots of power and acceleration and the design is beautiful. However, if something goes wrong with your bike, you are in world of hurt. Aventon Customer Support is an absolute disaster. Our bikes shipped on June 29th, 2021 and arrived a few days later. One has been a dream and the other a nightmare. The front tire was so far out of True that a local bikes shop could not balance it. Screws started falling out of some external and internal parts. And then - after only two months and 347 miles the battery died during a short 3 mile round trip. I submitted a Warranty Form on August 30, 2021. And over the next four weeks, I provided proof of purchase, serial numbers as well as images and videos of the problem. Yet, despite dozens of emails, phone calls, and online tech support chats, I still have not received a new battery. It's taken longer to send out a new battery than it did to ship two bikes. So a word of warning. Aventon is no fly-by-night Go Fund Me kind of operation, but if you have a warranty problem, prepare yourself for a very, VERY long wait.

I purchased July 4 and waited 4 days for them to ship. In 2 weeks I had Level and in around 4 rides in a week, my battery "went out" 2 miles from home. When I remove battery and put it almost back in, the contacts work and display shows power. All the way locked in, it was 'dead". So they asked for pics, I sent and after their delays from not having batteries in stock 60 days after purchase, my replacement battery finally arrives. and a new 4 prong male connector. They act like they know what the problem is.

Also the battery shortage? They send batteries to build new bikes and not to spare parts department. Their bad customer service is intentional.

They made you face delays and added steps to provide proof of purchase because they knew they were waiting for batteries.

If this is a commuter bike, you will miss a lot of work unable to commute.

If they tell you to go to a LBS and get a repair done, send them the receipt? You will need to pay for repair and the odds of getting reimbursed are very low.

I purchased July 4 and waited 4 days for them to ship. In 2 weeks I had Level and in around 4 rides in a week, my battery "went out" 2 miles from home. When I remove battery and put it almost back in, the contacts work and display shows power. All the way locked in, it was 'dead". So they asked for pics, I sent and after their delays from not having batteries in stock 60 days after purchase, my replacement battery finally arrives. and a new 4 prong male connector. They act like they know what the problem is.

Also the battery shortage? They send batteries to build new bikes and not to spare parts department. Their bad customer service is intentional.

They made you face delays and added steps to provide proof of purchase because they knew they were waiting for batteries.

If this is a commuter bike, you will miss a lot of work unable to commute.

Hi JuicePower,

Yes, I believe you are correct. I suspected there were no batteries in stock, and they knew about the issue with a certain lot a battery BMS chips for quite a while.

Two hours after posting my Youtube video I got a call from Aventon. The DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE, a very helpful fellow said he was off to the warehouse to resolve my problem. Three hours later he called and explained the issues of separating a battery from a bicycle that was already boxed. So instead, he sent me a brand new bike. A few days later the bike arrived and in a separate package there was also a new battery. The manifest that was attached and indicated that they were 26 other batteries shipped to dividual's in bike stores around the country. Interestingly, the battery had been shipped several days before, but must have been lost in the FedEx warehouse somewhere.

I diagnose the problem with the battery. You might find this video interesting.

How did this resolve? My local bike shop just assembled my Adventure and it has a faulty speed sensor and I have not heard back from Aventon. Should I start my return before the 14 days elapses? Thanks

How did this resolve? My local bike shop just assembled my Adventure and it has a faulty speed sensor and I have not heard back from Aventon. Should I start my return before the 14 days elapses? Thanks
Hi mrbongalpr,

The resolution: I eventually got in touch with the DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE at Aventon. He vowed to resolve the issue. He went to the warehouse in Ontario, CA to remove a battery from a boxed Aventure but could not do so because of battery shipping regulations. Instead, he sent me a brand new Aventure. However, the very same day the bike arrived a new battery arrived as well. Apparently, it had been misplaced by Fedex for several days. Along with the new battery was a copy of the shipping manifest which included the names and addresses of 26 other battery recipients from around the country. It's my guess that was a batch of bad Battery Management Chips installed in a number of batteries.
Since then I have have also purchased a Sondors Rockstar that is an absolute peach and the customer service is exemplary. I had a similar problem the Rockstar battery but Sondors sent me a replacement within days. Two thumbs up for Sondors!

Thanks for the follow up, how long did this take for you?
Approximately 33 days.

I see you're located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. I'm originally from a little town called Mars just north of Pittsburgh.

Hi mrbongalpr,

The resolution: I eventually got in touch with the DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE at Aventon. He vowed to resolve the issue. He went to the warehouse in Ontario, CA to remove a battery from a boxed Aventure but could not do so because of battery shipping regulations. Instead, he sent me a brand new Aventure. However, the very same day the bike arrived a new battery arrived as well. Apparently, it had been misplaced by Fedex for several days. Along with the new battery was a copy of the shipping manifest which included the names and addresses of 26 other battery recipients from around the country. It's my guess that was a batch of bad Battery Management Chips installed in a number of batteries.
Since then I have have also purchased a Sondors Rockstar that is an absolute peach and the customer service is exemplary. I had a similar problem the Rockstar battery but Sondors sent me a replacement within days. Two thumbs up for Sondors!

How did you get in touch with the DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE? I have an issue with a defective battery that is under warranty that no one wants to deal with. They asked for videos which I sent showing the lights on the battery not working and still they are telling me there is nothing wrong. It used to light up all 4 lights when fully charged now it only shows one meaning 25% no matter how long it is on the charger. I just don't want to be left with a defective battery when the warranty runs out. They are not cheap!

Last edited:
How did you get in touch with the DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE? I have an issue with a defective battery that is under warranty that no one wants to deal with. They asked for videos which I sent showing the lights on the battery not working and still they are telling me there is nothing wrong. It used to light up all 4 lights when fully charged now it only shows one meaning 25% no matter how long it is on the charger. I just don't want to be left with a defective battery when the warranty runs out. They are not cheap!
Hi - Miss Allissa, I posted a video about my issue and the lack of response from Aventon Customer Support to Youtube, Facebook and anywhere else I could think of. Then filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau with a link to the video. (Aventon is not accredited.) I received a call within 3 hours. Of course, this was after 30 days of no responses. Use this link to file a complaint:
https://www.bbb.org/search?find_cou..._text=Aventon&page=1&sort=Relevance&touched=1
They seem to respond to BBB complaints pretty quickly. Also, try this phone number (909)906-1476 and ask for DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.
Let me know what happens.

I just filed with Better Business Bureau. They have an F rating. LOL Not much of a surprise. I will see if I get a response. This is from there website.
1658855821113.png

Attachments

• WEBSITE INFO.pdf
    217.8 KB · Views: 180
I just filed with Better Business Bureau. They have an F rating. LOL Not much of a surprise. I will see if I get a response. This is from there website.
View attachment 130271

Good luck! I, and others in this forum, have received a faster response from Aventon by filing a complaint with the BBB. I'm not sure what their problem is. As I mentioned before my Sondors Rockstar had a bad battery as well, but I got a reply to my inquiry within 36 hours add a new battery and charger within three days. And the Rockstar batteries are EXPENSIVE.
For anybody who is considering the Aventon Aventure, I'm strongly recommending they take a look at the Sondors LX instead. Great products and great customer service. https://shop.sondors.com/pages/lx

My battery light never shows more than 25% charge. It did not do this when I first got it. They are trying to tell me this is how they work. Is there anyone out there that has the same issue? Does anyone have a battery that shows the green light on H or are yours always on L?

My battery light never shows more than 25% charge. It did not do this when I first got it. They are trying to tell me this is how they work. Is there anyone out there that has the same issue? Does anyone have a battery that shows the green light on H or are yours always on L?

If the battery never shows more than a 25% charge there is something definitely wrong. The page you attached from Aventon Site mentions the Pace model. I'm not sure if the Pace battery is the same as the Aventure battery, but - on the Aventure - the display should indicate 100% when fully charged and the green light becomes blue when charged above 70%, if I remember correctly.

They are trying to tell me there is nothing wrong and that's the way they all work. My son and I both disagree as we both use the bike. There is no arguing with those guys. I sent 3 different areas of the manual that all say the same thing plus their website. They said those are ALL wrong. What a load of BS.

Hi - Miss Allissa, I posted a video about my issue and the lack of response from Aventon Customer Support to Youtube, Facebook and anywhere else I could think of. Then filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau with a link to the video. (Aventon is not accredited.) I received a call within 3 hours. Of course, this was after 30 days of no responses. Use this link to file a complaint:
https://www.bbb.org/search?find_country=USA&find_latlng=34.054364,-117.622221&find_loc=Ontario, CA&find_text=Aventon&page=1&sort=Relevance&touched=1
They seem to respond to BBB complaints pretty quickly. Also, try this phone number (909)906-1476 and ask for DIRECTOR OF CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE.
Let me know what happens.
It appears the phone number is no longer working. Surprise surprise.

Back