Aventon Level battery charge

Abaloneron

Region
USA
I just purchased an Aventon Level. I've mainly riding in PA 1 except on hills and strong headwinds. I've noticed my battery drops when going up hills on PA3, but when I'm on level or downhills the battery level goes back up. Has anybody else experiencing this? Does the battery regenerate on long downhills?

I just purchased an Aventon Level. I've mainly riding in PA 1 except on hills and strong headwinds. I've noticed my battery drops when going up hills on PA3, but when I'm on level or downhills the battery level goes back up. Has anybody else experiencing this? Does the battery regenerate on long downhills?
I just purchased a Level June 1 2021 two short rides and the battery failed on PAS1 on hill, died and went to recharge its now stuck on 44vdc indicating full charge and charger is green at well and no output. control just shuts down when the M button is pressed

I'm having the same problem or extremely similar. I'm wondering if our batteries are in safe mode?

This is from the level manual:

If a situation occurs that could damage the battery, the battery
can go into a protective “sleep mode” - the battery cells inside
are OK, but the battery won’t turn on and won’t take a charge. To
“wake up” the battery, please follow this procedure:

1. Put the battery on the bike.
2. Plug the charging tip into the battery.
3. Plug the charger into wall power.
4. Tap the power button on the battery once to turn it on.
5. Press and hold “M” on the controls to turn on the display.
6. Allow the battery to charge overnight.
7. Once charged, remove from wall power and check for
proper operation.

Problems I'm having doing this wake up procedure are:
1. There is only 1 button on the battery. Green Light comes on while I'm pressing it. Turns off soon as I release it.
2. Step 4 Tap the power button on the battery once - with the battery on the bike (step 1) no access to the button.

I would appreciate if anyone can help me.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back