Austin, Texas $300 rebate

Sorry Mike DD...new to all this! Trike Model: MotoTec Electric Trike (Transporter) MT-TRK-350. Thanks a million for your suggestion.

2023 Update: the rebate offered to Austin Energy customers for purchases of electric bikes will double to $600 from January 1, 2023, and up to $1,300 for Austin Energy customers with incomes below 200% of the federal poverty level. Source: Sargent, J. A. General Manager, Austin Energy https://www.austintexas.gov/edims/pio/document.cfm?id=397103

2023 Update: the rebate offered to Austin Energy customers for purchases of electric bikes will double to $600 from January 1, 2023, and up to $1,300 for Austin Energy customers with incomes below 200% of the federal poverty level. Source: Sargent, J. A. General Manager, Austin Energy https://www.austintexas.gov/edims/pio/document.cfm?id=397103
Nice perk! I was in Austin earlier this year for work and I thought it looked to have a pretty solid biking setup downtown where I was and on the outskirts. I did some walking around downtown and sightseeing and felt very safe as a walker (certainly more safe than I have in other major cities). I also heard from some folks at the conference that lived in Austin, they don't even have a car and walk/scooter/bike/uber everywhere which I thought was cool. I rode the bus from the airport to downtown and had a really nice experience and good to see public transit working as it should, a few folks even brought folding scooters on the bus that looked like college students. Would be a real nice area to own an e-bike, next visit I make I definitely plan to try and rent one and do some more sightseeing. I'm also guessing parking isn't cheap there, didn't see much in the way of parking anywhere.

it's really good to hear they not only still have this program going but that they've increased the amount of the rebate! this helped me buy my first ebike when i was living there, my car had broken down and i didn't have the money to repair it. it was a mod-bikes, they have a shop on S 1st St. they are a very helpful group of guys they even helped me to apply for the rebate, there's some kind of form you have to send in to Austin energy if i'm remembering correctly. they make decent bikes and will give you free maintenance for a while if you buy from them.

Austin has fantastic bike infrastructure as far as Texas goes. it's way faster to get around by bike than it is by car or bus. the main issue i had there was theft. you can get just about anywhere in the city by bike safely but if you aren't careful where you park you'll come back to a bare frame that's been stripped of every part.

Back