Ariel Rider M or Blix Vika+

Hello all,
So i'm in need of a bike (just for general fresh air, exploring surroundings, riding around) and space constraints (and ofcourse cost) are at play here. In my neck of the woods, i've come across a used M-class (~1 yr old, with a second battery) for 1400 and a Vika+ for 1200 (brand new). Oddly enough the M-class had been on my radar, as i previously got to handle one in person sometime last year. I'm on the second floor of a house and dragging a bike upstairs would be fairly common every now and then, and the M-class was a good weight for an ebike. The Vika+ being a compact folder also piqued my interest.
M-class weighs a bit less, has the mid drive motor and suspension, whereas the Vika+ is more compact overall. I could probably haggle with both sellers a bit lower in price (hopefully).
I considered the Rideal, but something about the smaller sized M-class (and others in its size/class) draws my attention. I keep going back and forth.
Any insights?

I'd go with the M class, but I'm heavily biased because it was on my shortlist until I realized Ariel wasn't planning on making more for a while. Also, double battery!

I can only comment on the Vika+. Yes, it folds but still a heavy lift at 53 lbs, at least for me. I have taken it up stairs unfolded, which for me was the easier. I like the ride and it makes easy work of the hills in this area. I agree with Pobidz that a second battery is appealing.

I have a Blix Vika + that I put 800 miles on last year. It's well made. Goes up to 24 mph (you have to change a setting). It does everything pretty well. It is heavy but when folded it fits in my SUV's rear hatch so no bike rack is needed. I'm surprised you found one for $1,200 new. They are sold out online and the price was $1,600.

It has a head light and brake light built in, plus disc brakes (mechanical). It comes standard with a good heavy duty rack.

I enjoyed riding it so much in 2020 that I caught the eBike "bug" and decided to build a DIY eBike out of a bike I bought new a couple of years ago. The DIY bike has replaced my Vika + and I'm going to be selling mine. Someone else should be enjoying it.

I haven't heard of the M-class bike at all.

Last edited:
Back