Are You a Cyclist?

I need to vent my frustration.

I was riding my Speed Vado over long and wide westward exit road of Warsaw. The traffic was minimal, as new freeways and expressways have attracted most of the traffic. Suddenly, a loud horn sounded behind my back. It was an ugly big truck. The driver leaned out of his side window and roared:
-- Out to the bike path, you bastard! -- We both had to stop under the red light.
-- Get off your truck, man! -- I shouted back. And he got off. I pointed at the number plate of my "moped" and remarked:
-- It is a moped. I am not allowed to ride bike paths with it!
-- OUT TO THE BIKE PATH, YOU...!!!
-- So you want motorcycles to ride bike paths too?
-- OUT TO THE BIKE PATH!!!
-- Get out, or I call the police, you...!!! -- I yelled.
He hooted at me again when he was overtaking me at very tight clearance.

The guy was sick with his hatred towards cyclists.

I grew up in C. Sprs., only 40k people when I was little. I cleared out in ´70 for the west slope; quit a
form setting job with a week´s pay & never looked back. Bet it´s about 500K now. Can´t believe I
used to climb right up the Fillmore hill on a clunky 2 spd Schwinn. Rode to Aspen 0n a $25 stingray
with a banana seat & ape hangers, backpack hung between the bars..Front wheel fell off going
down Independence Pass. Not a scratch, but I chased that wheel 1/2 a mile.
I lived downtown and rode out to Garden of the Gods road every morning and back every night. The very popular bumper sticker of the day in CS was “Don't Californicate Colorado!”😉

I was riding my Speed Vado over long and wide westward exit road of Warsaw. The traffic was minimal, as new freeways and expressways have attracted most of the traffic. Suddenly, a loud horn sounded behind my back. It was an ugly big truck. The driver leaned out of his side window and roared:
-- Out to the bike path, you bastard! -- We both had to stop under the red light.
-- Get off your truck, man! -- I shouted back. And he got off. I pointed at the number plate of my "moped" and remarked:

At least you gave him a chance to be more reasonable. These kinds of situations are not fun.

It’s a moped? Haven’t heard that definition used in a very long time.

Back